Surprisingly, many people are not yet aware of Blue Cypress Essential Oil, even with how versatile this amazing oil truly is. Blue cypress essential oil is excellent at supporting the body’s natural response to irritation and injury, along with helping soothe breathing. This oil is also historically used in perfumes and adhesive.
Sometimes referred to as Blue Gold, Blue Cypress is a beautiful, cobalt blue color. This oil is the only naturally blue colored essential oil that comes from a tree. Other blue essential oils such as German Chamomile and Blue Tansy are created by distilling from flowers.
How Blue Cypress Essential Oil Is Made:
Blue Cypress essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves and wood of the rare Northern Cypress Pine (Callitris intratropica), which is native solely to Australia’s Northern Territory. This oil has a rich history among the Australian aboriginal people over the past several thousand years.
Our Favorite Uses for Blue Cypress Essential Oil:
- Dilute with your favorite carrier oil to support sore muscles after physical workouts.
- Add to your favorite face moisturizer or lotion to support and hydrate your skin
- Soothe your skin while shaving by adding a drop or two of Blue Cypress to shaving cream, soap, or aftershave to help prevent razor burn.
- Add to your favorite household cleaner for extra cleaning power
- Create your own all-purpose cleaner for your kitchen, bathroom, office, or really anywhere in your home by blending it with lemon and clove essential oils mixed in water and which hazel or vodka.
Our Favorite DIY Diffuser Blends featuring Blue Cypress Essential Oil:
- Rain Storm: 3 drops blue cypress, 2 drops lemon, and 1 drop each lime, spearmint, and cedarwood
- Blue Dreams: 3 drops lavender, 2 drops each bergamot and blue cypress
- Soothe Cough: 2 drops each cedarwood, blue cypress, and lavender with 1 drop each marjoram and eucalyptus
- Let it Snow: 3 drops blue cypress, 2 drops copaiba, and 1 drop each of balsam Fir and Tangerine
- Winter Floral: 4 drops blue cypress, 3 drops geranium, 2 drops Peace and Calming
Where to find Blue Cypress Essential Oil:
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a impeccable standard for essential oils that by far exceeds the rest of the industry. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to farm-to-table approach to providing their customers with the best quality of essential oils possible.
Products Containing Blue Cypress Essential Oil:
Essential Oil Blends: Australian Blue, Brain Power, Breathe Again, Essential Beauty Serum, Highest Potential, Oola Grow
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.
P.S. If you’re looking for some help using essential oils, head over to our Intro To Essential Oils page to enroll in our free email course all about how to use essential oils safely, and some info about how to use our most popular oils.