Citrus Fresh essential oil blend provides the BEST citrus fragrance, being made of a blend of orange, tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, mandarin, and spearmint essential oils. It has a very citrusy, bright aroma to it.
There are many uses for Citrus Fresh essential oil blend that range from using it as a perfume, to an air freshener, to a cleaning ingredient. You may also use Citrus Fresh Vitality in your recipes for making fun culinary creations!
- Here are a few of our favorite ways to use Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend:
- Recipe Ideas using Citrus Fresh Vitality Essential Oil Blend
- How to DIY Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend
- How do you properly store Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend?
- Can you ingest Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend?
- What are your favorite Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Perfumes?
- Can you diffuse Citrus Fresh Vitality?
- What is the difference between Citrus Fresh and Citrus Fresh Vitality?
- Have a question about Citrus Fresh essential oil blend?
Here are a few of our favorite ways to use Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend:
- Add 20 drops to an 8oz spray bottle of distilled water and witch hazel and use as a room/linen spray to replace chemical-based home fragrances
- Diffuse to replace plug-in chemical room fresheners
- Diffuse 4-6 drops to brighten the mood, enhance positivity, and boost energy
- Dilute (1 drop per ml carrier oil) and wear as a perfume (**please keep in mind this is a photosensitive oil.. do not wear on any location that will be exposed to the sun within 12 hours**)
- Add 2-3 drops to diffusing jewelry to wear Citrus Fresh as a perfume or as a personal diffuser.
- Dilute Citrus Fresh essential oil in a 1:1 ratio with your favorite night moisturizer and apply to skin for smoother-looking, more radiant-looking skin.
- Add 2 drops of Citrus Fresh onto cotton balls and toss them anywhere prone to stale odors, like shoes, closets, cabinets, basements, and vents.
- Add 6 drops per cup of baking soda, sprinkle over your carpets or mattress, and vacuum up to help freshen and clean your carpets and mattresses.
- Create a toilet spray by adding 5 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil to a small atomizing spray bottle. Shake and spray into the toilet to help keep toilet smells from dissipating through the room. This also works by dripping a few drops of Citrus Fresh oil too.
Recipe Ideas using Citrus Fresh Vitality Essential Oil Blend
Citrus Fresh Vitality is a blend of orange, tangerine, grapefruit, lemon, mandarin, and spearmint vitality essential oils. It has a very citrusy, bright aroma and flavor to it, and pairs beautifully in a variety of snacking and dessert dishes.
Here are a few ideas:
- Replace each tsp of any citrus extract called for in a recipe with 1 drop of Citrus Fresh Vitality
- Replace a variety of citrus zest with a drop of Citrus Fresh Vitality
- Mix a drop with a tsp of honey, and add to water to give you water some flavor
- Add 2-4 drops to 8 oz of cream cheese and a TBS of agave syrup or honey, and whip for a delicious fruit dip.
- Berry Fresh Lemonade: 1 juiced lemon, 4 drops lemon vitality, 5 drops citrus fresh vitality, 2 cups strawberries, 2 cups blue berries, 4 cups cold water, sweetener to taste (we use honey, but stevia or agave or whatever sweetener you prefer is fine too).
- Add 3-4 drops to a batch of frosting for your cakes, cupcakes, or pastries
- Enjoy some delicious Ningxia Red Ice Pops, using Citrus Fresh Vitality in place of the Orange Vitality:
How to DIY Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend
We have two recipe ideas for you for making Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend. an individual diffuser blend recipe, and a recipe for filling a 15ml bottle to use however you want.
DIY Citrus Fresh Diffuser Blend
- 1 drop orange
- 1 drop grapefruit
- 2 drops tangerine
- 1 drop lemon
- 1 drop spearmint
DIY Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend
- 20 drops Orange
- 15 drops Grapefruit
- 15 drops Mandarin
- 20 drops Tangerine
- 15 drops Lemon
- 10 drops Spearmint
*** Don't forget you need to dilute this blend before using it on your skin. And keep in mind this blend is mostly made with photosensitive citrus oils. This means you should NOT use this topically on your skin anywhere on your body that will receive direct sunlight within 12 hours.
DIY Diffuser Blends featuring Citrus Fresh Essential Oil
There are many ways to diffuse with Citrus Fresh. Here are some of our member favorites:
- Spring Break: 4 drops each Citrus Fresh and Stress Away Essential Oil Blends
- Fireworks: 2 drops each lemon and Citrus Fresh essential oil blend with 1 drop each lavender and peppermint.
- Boss Babe: 2 drops peppermint essential oil, 4 drops Valor and Citrus Fresh essential oil blends.
- Get It Done: 2 drops each Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend and Rosemary with 1 drop each of peppermint and orange essential oils
- Merry Go Round: 2 drops of Citrus Fresh essential oil blend and lime with 3 drops of grapefruit
- Fresh Room Diffuser: 3 drops each of Thieves essential oil blend, Citrus Fresh essential oil blend, and Peppermint
- Spring Cleaning: 2 drops Purification essential oil blend, 4 drops Citrus Fresh essential oil blend, 3 drops of lemon essential oil
Frequently Asked Questions about Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend
How do you properly store Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend?
To store your essential oils, make sure they are in a dark colored bottle. Citrus Fresh comes in a dark amber bottle, so you don't need to worry about changing the bottle.
Keep your oils in a cool, dry place. We keep ours in a linen closet in our hallway.
For more info, check out our post: How To Care For and Store Essential Oils
Can you ingest Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend?
Yes. Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend contains essential oils that are deemed safe for internal use. HOWEVER, make sure you're being safe in how you decide to ingest.
DO NOT just add essential oil to water and drink. That is NOT a safe method of ingesting. Using the oil as a flavoring agent diluted in honey or cooking oil is ideal. Check out our Can You Ingest Essential Oils Safely post for more information.
What are your favorite Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Perfumes?
I personally love using it by itself. Sometimes I'll add a drop of peppermint to a few drops of Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend. Sometimes adding a drop of lavender is lovely. Sometimes we combine it with Abundance Essential Oil Blend or Thieves Essential Oil Blend for a fun change.
I usually wear these mixes in a diffusing necklace.
Can you diffuse Citrus Fresh Vitality?
Yes, you may.
What is the difference between Citrus Fresh and Citrus Fresh Vitality?
There is no difference between Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend and Citrus Fresh Vitality Essential Oil Blend. They are the exact same oil, placed in bottles with different labels.
Why? Because of FDA requirements for labeling supplements. The FDA does recognizes essential oils as a supplement and states that you cannot legally label a supplement for topical use AND oral use. So Young Living created a second label line, called Vitality, to differentiate between oils to use on your skin and in your diffuser and oils that you may use in culinary dishes, recipes, and drinks.
Have a question about Citrus Fresh essential oil blend?
Fill out this form to let us know your question, and we will respond as quickly as possible… plus you might have a chance to be featured on our website!
What is your favorite use of Citrus Fresh essential oil blend?
Tell us in the comments below!
Where do you buy Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend?
Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend is a proprietary essential oil blend exclusive to Young Living. You can find this oil in most countries around the world.
We would love to join you on your healthier lifestyle journey by providing you with a supportive community of like-minded women, families, and men. Our team leaders provide group and individual coaching to our members all over the world, and would love to talk you through your oil and healthy lifestyle needs in a manner that is safe, effective, and compliments your unique individual needs.
To purchase Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend, you will need to be a retail or wholesale member. To learn more about memberships, please visit our membership page.
*Be sure to check out more articles containing Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend*
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.
P.S. If you need some essential oils, we provide special coaching, resources, and support groups for our members. Just head over to our membership page to create an account or contact us.
2 thoughts on “Citrus Fresh Essential Oil Blend”
Awesome info can’t wait to make my own citrus fresh and try all the recipes! Thank you so much for sharing. I love making my own medicine, essential oils to bring beautiful positivity and peace that we all need so much in our daily lives. Much respect Christy ??
Thank you so much for your comment, Christy! I couldn’t agree more… oils truly do inspire more positivity and peace, which is needed more and more in today’s quickly changing global environment. I hope you enjoy the recipes!