Cypress essential oil has a fresh, woody aroma that is energizing and refreshing.
Benefits of using Cypress Essential Oil:
- Helps support healthy breathing
- Soothes tight muscles
- Supports circulation
- Helps support your skin… especially if you have oily skin
- Ease tired, swollen feet
- Support bladder strength
- Eases heavy menstraul flow and cramping
- Soothes throat irritation
- Reduces the appearance of “spider veins”
- Controls excess sweating (perfect for homemade deodorants)
- Improves circulation, allowing the body to detox naturally
- Reduce under-eye bags with a roller bottle of 10 drops cypress, 5 drops frankincense, and 5 drops geranium, filled the rest of the way with your favorite carrier oil
- Support your circulation with 5 drops eucalyptus, 5 drops rosemary, 5 drops cypress, 5 drops black pepper, and 5 drops ginger in a 10ml roller bottle filled the rest of the way with a carrier oil
My favorite uses:
Cypress is the oil of emotion & flow. I love this oil because it creates fluidity for any stagnant energies surrounding us. This oil also aids in teaching the soul how to let go of the past by moving with the flow of life. If you’re experiencing the feeling of being stuck, stiff, rigid, or tense .. even if you have perfectionist tendencies, THIS oil is perfect for you!!!
If you’re a worrier, Cypress encourages you to case aside your worries and let go of CONTROL so you can enjoy the thrill that comes from being alive!!!!
As a mom of two, I use this blend a lot for helping with bladder control… both for my postpartum body and for my kids so they can have better bladder control at night (hooray for no more wetting the bed!)
Our Favorite DIY Diffuser Blends:
- Kick the Crud: 5 drops rosemary, 4 drops eucalyptus, 4 drops peppermint, 3 drops cypress, 2 drops lemon
- Wake Up and Energize: 6 drops cypress, 4 drops lavender, 1 drop peppermint (also works great steaming in the shower)
- Hike in the Woods: 3 drops cypress, 3 drops cedarwood, 3 drops tea tree
- Winter Wonderland: 4 drops cypress, 3 drops peppermint, 3 drops bergamot
- Seaside Summer: 3 drops cypress, 3 drops bergamot, 3 drops Citrus Fresh
- Power Your Brain: 4 drops each cypress, rosemary, and juniper
- Focus Your Attention: 6 drops rosemary, 6 drops lemon, 3 drops cypress
- Under A Willow: 4 drops frankincense, 2 drops lavender, 2 drops cypress, 1 drop clove
- Well Soul: 2 drops each of patchouli, cypress, and bergamot
- Think Positive: 2 drops each cypress, frankincense, ylang ylang
Where to find Cypress Essential Oil
We love purchasing from Young Living because of their dedication to quality and Seed To Seal Guarantee. Plus it is a refreshing breath of fresh air to purchase from a company that willingly invites you to the farms where the plant matter that creates the oil is created, distilled, and bottled.
We LOVE their farm-to-table approach to growing, distilling, bottling, and delivering your oils right to your door!
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.
P.S. Be sure to scroll down some more and sign up for our newsletter for more information, tips, tricks, recipes, or to just see what we’re up to.
We have an incredible group of essential oils education leaders who are ready to help guide you on your journey, whether you need individual coaching, or just want to be part of an excellent online community filled with support, resources, and ideas on how to use your oils!