Jade Lemon has an uplifting citrusy aroma much milder than lemon with a lemon-lime aroma that is oddly reminiscent of Bath and Body Works’ Lemongrass Sage. It is an oil cold-pressed from a unique hybrid of lemons and limes. Jade Lemon is very high in monoterpines and d-limonene (definitely worth Googling those).
My personal favorite thing about Jade Lemon Essential Oil is how mild it is. It doesn’t have a harsh lemon scent, but more rounded and soft. I often enjoy Jade Lemon oil more than I do regular lemon essential oil.
17+ Uses for Jade Lemon Essential Oil
- Add to the En-R-Gee blend for a new take on a boost of energy throughout your day
- Diffuse jade lemon alone for a fun, fruity aroma to uplift your mood
- I love to use this in place of lemon when diffusing DIY blends
- Dilute and apply a tiny amount to the tip of your nose to enhance alertness
- Add to dryer balls in your laundry for a clean, fresh aroma on your clothes
- Cabin Diffuser Blend: 6 drops balsam fir, 2 drops wintergreen, 2 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops jade lemon
- Pick-Me-Up Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each Citrus Fresh, Thieves, and jade lemon
- Petals and Mint Diffuser Blend: 2 drops ylang ylang,
- Add a few drops to your laundry to freshen your laundry (either with vinegar to your rinse cycle or on dryer balls)
- Breathe happily while diffusing 2 drops each tea tree, peppermint, eucalyptus, and jade lemon essential oils
- Diffuse to help cleanse the air in your home
- Add a couple drops to a Tbs of olive oil for a homemade furniture polish
- Use in place of lemon essential oil for cleaning grease, gum, or stickers off surfaces
- Use to clean permanent marker or crayon art from walls
- Add 40 drops to a 4oz spray bottle with 1 part Witchazel and 3 parts water for an uplifting room and linen spray
- Helps to boost your immune system
- Soothing to your skin (photosensitive for ~12 hours)
- Use as a replacement in any recipe calling for lemon essential oil or lemon zest
*** Jade Lemon is not suggested for children under 6. Children over 6 using Jade Lemon topically should be diluted more than normal.
*** Jade Lemon Essential Oil is a photosensitive essential oil. Please do not apply it topically to your skin anywhere that will receive UV or sunlight within the following 12 hours.
Jade Lemon blends especially well with citronella, lavender, peppermint, sandalwood, and ylang ylang.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jade Lemon Essential Oil
What is the difference between lemon and jade lemon essential oils?
Jade Lemon essential oil comes from a variety of lemon fruit that has more of a lemon-lime aroma compared to lemon essential oil.
Jade Lemon comes from the Citrus limon eureka var. formosensis fruit. Where as lemon essential oil comes from Citrus limon. Both are cold-pressed from their fruit rinds.
Can I use jade lemon essential oil internally?
Yes. Jade Lemon Vitality Essential oil may be taken internally or used as a flavoring agent in foods. IF you’re going to be ingesting essential oils, please make sure you do so safely.
Can jade lemon essential oil be used on a cat?
No. Citrus oils should be avoided with cats. If you choose to use citrus oils around cats, please ensure your cat(s) has the ability to leave the room and hide out in a room where a diffuser is not running.
What is the difference between lemon jade lemon and lemon myrtle essential oils?
Extracted through steam distillation from the leaves and stems of the Backhousia citriodora (Lemon myrtle) plant. The Lemon Myrtle tree grows along the coastal regions of Australia. The tree produces a white flower, but the essential oil are extracted from the leaves of the tree. Lemon Myrtle has a lemony-woody aroma.
Jade Lemon essential oil comes cold pressed from the Citrus limon eureka var. formosensis fruit that natively grows in south eastern China. This is an actual variety of lemon fruit, and has more of a soft lemon-lime aroma.
Have a question about Jade Lemon Essential Oil??
We would love to add your question and answer it on our website. You are welcome to fill out this form to ask anonymously, or leave a comment at the end of this post.
Where to Find Jade Lemon Essential Oil
We highly suggest purchasing your oils through Young Living because they set industry standards with sustainable farming practices void of any harmful or potentially harmful chemicals. Their Seed to Seal guarantee shows their transparency and dedication to do what is ethically right for their customers.
To purchase through Young Living, you will need an account (either retail or wholesale), thought there are no purchasing requirements. If you need help creating an account, please check out our getting started page.
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.