Patchouli essential oil
How Patchouli Essential Oil is Made
Patchouli oil is carefully extracted through steam distillation of a low, bushy shrub native to tropical regions in Southeast Asia. Although the plant is part of the mint family, Patchouli essential oil has a powerful, musky scent, and because of its complex aroma, Patchouli uses often include perfumes, soaps, incense, and essential oil blends.
With a rich history and unique aromatic profile, Patchouli is perfect for the free spirit. Use its calming, relaxing aroma during meditation or yoga practice or apply topically to improve the appearance of skin. It also helps combat jealousy, obsessions, and insecurities.
Patchouli blends especially well with bergamot, clary sage, frankincense, geranium, ginger, lavender, lemongrass, myrrh, pine, rosewood, and sandalwood essential oils.
Our Favorite Ways To Use Patchouli Essential Oil:
- Add 2–3 drops into your favorite facial lotion or moisturizer and massage onto your skin for a healthy, youthful-looking glow.
- Diffuse in the evening after a long day at work or school so you can enjoy a more peaceful and calming environment.
- Patchouli is incredibly soothing to your emotions when you feel tense or panicky
- Add a couple of drops to your shampoo or conditioner for healthier-looking hair.
- DIY Patchouli Hair Mask
- Patchouli is excellent for supporting everything skin (especially stressed skin)
- An excellent additive to your bug repellants
- Use in a cooling spray to help you cool down
- Dilute and apply to your temples and the back of your head to reduce tension headaches
- Add to your favorite ointment to soothe chapped skin
- Add to your favorite skin serums or lotions to help with reducing weight
- Apply on your face with your favorite serum to reduce the appearance of wrinkles
Our Favorite DIY Diffuser blends featuring Patchouli Essential Oil Blend:
- Cloudy Skies: 3 drops each patchouli, black pepper, and sandalwood
- Chill Out Nerves: 2 drops each patchouli, bergamot, ylang ylang
- Clear Night: 2 drops each patchouli and sandalwood with 1 drop each lemongrass and vetiver
- Love Yourself: 2 drops each patchouli, clary sage, sandalwood
- Mountain Breaths: 2 drops each patchouli, cypress, bergamot
- Breathe Deep: 2 drops each patchouli and bergamot and 1 drop eucalyptus
- Crisp Walk: 2 drops each patchouli, frankincense, lavender, with 1 drop rosemary
- Crisp Autumn: 3 drops each patchouli and lavender with 1 drop marjoram
- Breathe And Sleep: 3 drops lavender, bergamot, eucalyptus, lemon with 3 drops each frankincense, tea tree, patchouli
- Haunted House: 3 drops orange, 2 drops each of sage and patchouli
- Forest Walk: 2 drops eucalyptus, patchouli, and rosemary, 3 drops frankincense, 1 drop lavender
Where To Find Patchouli Essential Oil
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a impeccable standard for essential oils that by far exceeds the rest of the industry. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to farm-to-table approach to providing their customers with the best quality of essential oils possible.
Products featuring Patchouli Essential Oil
Supplements containing Patchouli: Allerzyme
Personal Care Products: Animal Scents Ointment, Orange Blossom Face Wash, Orange Blossom Moisturizer, Rose Ointment
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.
P.S. If you’re looking for some help using essential oils, head over to our Intro To Essential Oils page to enroll in our free email course all about how to use essential oils safely, and some info about how to use our most popular oils.
Want more info? Be sure to check out our Membership Page for more info on how you can learn more from us in our exclusive online groups and courses!