RC is a Young Living exclusive essential oil blend containing the constituents linalol camphene, limonene, linalol acetate, and eucalyptol to help you maximize your health and wellness (I strongly recommend Googling those). RC is an acronym for “Respiratory Comfort,” but it does much more than just support and soothe the respiratory system.
What is in RC Essential Oil Blend?
- Three varieties of eucalyptus – Eucalyptus Citriodora, Globulous, and Radiata directly provide support and cleansing properties to the entire respiratory system, enhance cognitive awareness, increases energy and stamina.
- Myrtle – Myrtle provides support to your respiratory, digestive, glandular, and musculoskeletal systems, helps balance hormones, and also supports your skin. Historically, myrtle was used for normalizing hormonal imbalances, specifically supporting the thyroid (hyperthyroid), prostate, and ovaries. It is stimulating and can also help sooth muscle spasms.
- Pine – Pin supports your respiratory system, and stimulates your lymphatic system. Hippocrates originally investigated pine for it respiratory system benefits, which are magnified when blended with Eucalyptus Globulous. Pine also helps balance emotions with its calming, soothing aroma, revitalizes the mind and body, and promotes empowering and grounding feelings.
- Marjoram – Marjoram is well-known for soothing aches, spasms, and discomfort. It’s soothing to the digestive system, and promotes relaxation.
- Lavender – Lavender has many constituents in it that gave it the reputation for being the Swiss Army Knife of essential oils. There really isn’t anything this oil can’t help with. Its scent is calming, relaxing, improves concentration and mental acuity by increasing beta waves in your brain.
- Cyprus – Cyprus helps support your musculoskeletal system and cardiovascular system. It’s known for improving circulation, improves respiration, and promotes liver health. It helps your body to metabolize sugar, helps you deal with emotional stress and associated headaches, and is great at supporting your skin.
- Peppermint – Peppermint supports your nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory and digestive systems. It may help soothe your sinuses and lungs, and helps boost your energy.. Peppermint is one of those everyday oils that truly can be used every day!
- Tsuga – Tsuga helps support your cardiovascular and respiratory systems. It is known for cleansing the blood, helping support body cells as they regenerate, and helps give you a boost in energy.
Ways to Use RC
- Diffuse during changing seasons to soothe your respiratory system and sinuses.
- Diffuse in the mornings with a drop of lemon for a quick boost in energy and to awaken the senses. (I no longer feel the need for coffee with this blend in our diffuser!)
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to muscles before working out or running to minimize sore muscles.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to sore muscles after a workout or run.
- Drip a few drops on a washcloth and place in your shower to steam your bathroom while you shower, providing an invigorating and energizing aroma while you shower.
- Dilute and apply to feet, chest, and throat for immune and respiratory system support.
- Add a few drops to a cup of baking soda and 1/3 cup of water for an invigorating shower melt-away and feel like you’re showering at the spa.
- Add to some coconut oil for a homemade vapor rub.
RC Essential Oil Safety Information
- Dilute with a carrier oil before applying topically.
- Do not apply to babies or small children.
- Like ALL essential oils, keep out of reach of children so they don’t accidentally swallow it. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
- If you are taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Do not store above room temperature.
This essential oil blend does NOT come diluted. Be sure to dilute this oil before applying it to your skin. I recommend 1 drop of essential oil to 1ml of carrier oil (typically 20 drops). If you’re diluting to apply on a child, please dilute one drop of essential oil to 5 ml of carrier oil (1 tsp).
Please do not use on babies or children younger than 6. There is another essential oil, the Kidscents SniffleEase, that is ideal for children and comes pre-diluted that I recommend for kids over 2. If you need something for toddlers or infants, please only use lavender or frankincense (diluted).
If you have a medical condition or are taking medication, please consult with your pharmacist. We do have a special article for you if you’re worried about medication contraindications that I highly recommend reading. You may want to avoid using RC essential oil blend if you’re taking these types of medications:
- Preparing for anesthesia
Be sure to store your RC essential oil blend in a cool dry place, no warmer than your typical room temperature. I store mine in a linen closet in our hallway. Please read our article How To Care For And Store Essential Oils for more information.
Where to find RC Essential Oil
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. RC is a proprietary blend, formulated by Young Living, and also offered in their Premium Starter Kit that features essential oils.
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share. Be sure to comment below to tell me your favorite use for RC essential oil! Commenting helps me know which posts are your favorites, so I can make more posts like it.