RC is a Young Living essential oil blend containing three varieties of eucalyptus, myrtle, pine, marjoram, lavender, cyprus, peppermint, and tsuga. RC is an acronym for Respiratory Comfort, but it does much more than just support and soothe the respiratory system. RC contains the constituents linalol camphene, limonene, linalol acetate, and eucalyptol to help you maximize your health and wellness (I strongly recommend Googling those).
What is in RC Essential Oil Blend?
3 varieties of eucalyptus (Citriodora, Globulous, Radiata)
Eucalyptus Citriodora, Globulous, and Radiata directly provide support and cleansing properties to the entire respiratory system, enhance cognitive awareness, increases energy and stamina.
- Eucalyptus citrodora was used to perfume linen closets and to repel insects.
- Eucalyptus Globulous has been used for purifying the respiratory system and a component in surgical dressings.
- Eucalyptus Radiata was a treasured addition to folklore medicine.
Myrtle provides support to your respiratory, digestive, glandular, and musculoskeletal systems, helps balance hormones, and also supports your skin. Historically, myrtle was used for normalizing hormonal imbalances, specifically supporting the thyroid (hyperthyroid), prostate, and ovaries. It is stimulating and can also help sooth muscle spasms.
Pin supports your respiratory system, is a lymphatic system stimulant, and is emotionally balancing. Its constituent properties have similarities to cortisone and hormones. Pine was originally investigated by Hippocrates for how it benefits your respiratory system. Historically, it was also often used to massage stressed muscles and joints. Its beneficial constituents is magnified when blended with Eucalyptus Globulous, which shares many similar properties. Pine also helps balance emotions with its calming, soothing aroma, revitalizes the mind and body, and promotes empowering and grounding feelings.
Marjoram supports your respiratory, digestive, and musculoskeletal systems. Historically, it was known as the “herb of happiness” to the Romans and “joy of the mountains” to the Greeks. Throughout history it was renowned as a herb that will increase longevity. Marjoram is well-known for soothing aches, spasms, and discomfort. It’s soothing to the digestive system, and promotes relaxation.
Lavender has many constituents in it that gave it the reputation for being the Swiss Army Knife of essential oils. There really isn’t anything this oil can’t help with. It supports your respiratory, cardiovascular, musculoskeletal, and nervous systems as well as balances your emotions and supporting your skin’s health. Its scent is calming, relaxing, improves concentration and mental acuity by increasing beta waves in your brain.
Cyprus helps support your musculoskeletal system and cardiovascular system. It’s known for improving circulation, improves respiration, and promotes liver health. It helps your body to metabolize sugar, helps you deal with emotional stress and associated headaches, and is great at supporting your skin.
Peppermint supports your nervous, cardiovascular, and digestive systems. It also is emotionally balancing and supports your skin and mouth health. Historically, peppermint has been highly regarded for soothing digestion, and helps with curbing emotional food cravings. It’s also fantastic to use to soothe your sore muscles and for an energy boost. Peppermint is one of those everyday oils that truly can be used every day!
Tsuga helps support your cardiovascular and respiratory systems. It is known for cleansing the blood, helping support body cells as they regenerate, and helps give you a boost in energy.
Ways to Use RC
- Diffuse during changing seasons to soothe your respiratory system and sinuses.
- Diffuse in the mornings with a drop of lemon for a quick boost in energy and to awaken the senses. (I no longer feel the need for coffee with this blend in our diffuser!)
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to muscles before working out or running to minimize sore muscles.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to sore muscles after a workout or run.
- Dilute and apply to feet, chest, and throat for immune and respiratory system support.
- Add a few drops to a cup of baking soda and 1/3 cup of water for an invigorating shower melt-away and feel like you’re showering at the spa.
- Add to some coconut oil for a homemade vapor rub.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. RC is a proprietary blend, formulated by Young Living, and also offered in their Premium Starter Kit that features essential oils.
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
How do you use RC Essential Oil Blend? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.