Tangerine essential oil has a bright, rounded citrus aroma that is a lovely addition to homemade blends or just by itself. It is high in limonene constituents and created by cold-pressing the rinds of tangerines.
Tangerine aroma is very calming and uplifting, promoting happy feelings and helping you overcome feeling stuck. Some of our favorite uses with tangerine essential oil is:
- Summer Time Diffuser Blend: 4 drops tangerine, 2 drops lavender, 1 drop lime, 1 drop spearmint
- Happy Place Diffuser Recipe: 2 drops each tangerine, orange, and lime essential oils
- Spring Mint diffuser blend: 3 drops each tangerine, spearmint, and lemongrass essential oils
- Beachy diffuser recipe: 2 drops each bergamot, spearmint, and tangerine essential oils.
- Autumn Harvest Diffuser blend: 5 drops tangerine, 3 drops cinnamon bark, and 1 drop clove essential oils
- May help you lose weight with 30 drops lime, 45 drops tangerine, 45 drops orange, 75 drops grapefruit, 75 drops lemon, and 10 drops of peppermints a 15 ml bottle. Dilute 1 drop per 1ml of carrier oil, and rub over desired areas. You can also use the vitality versions to add 3-5 drops to a capsule and fill with olive oil to take as a supplement.
- blend 3 drops of tangerine with 3 drops of cypress with a carrier oil for a skin-firming recipe
Tangerine (vitality) oil is also great to cook/bake with too!
Here are some of our favorite Tangerine Vitality uses:
Tangerine Vitality has a bright, rounded tangerine flavor. It is delicious in a variety of dishes. We love adding a drop or two to dishes calling for citrus juices, zests, or to just brighten up a variety of fun dips. It especially woks well replacing orange juices and zests.
- Add 1-2 drops of tangerine vitality essential oil to your homemade smoothies for a bright fresh taste
- Tangerine Sunrise drink: 2 cups frozen strawberries, 1 cup frozen pineapple, 3 drops tangerine vitality, 2 cups orange juice, and 2 quarts lemonade
- Combine Tangerine Vitality essential oil with olive oil to use as a marinade for meat and veggies.
- Add a little Tangerine Vitality oil to berry dishes to complement their natural sweetness
- Make a delicious fruit dip: Add 1-2 drops tangerine vitality to 8oz of cream cheese (at room temperature) and 7 oz of Marshmallow Fluff (or Marshmallow Creme) and serve with a variety of fruit.
Tangerine vitality pairs especially well with basil bergamot, grapefruit, lavender, lemon, and orange vitality oils.
Where to find Tangerine & Tangerine Vitality Essential Oils
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a impeccable standard for essential oils that by far exceeds the rest of the industry. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to farm-to-table approach to providing their customers with the best quality of essential oils possible.
Products containing Tangerine Essential Oil:
Essential Oil Blends: Awaken, Citrus Fresh, Dream Catcher, Inner Child, Joy, Peace & Calming, Slique Essence essential oil blends.
Supplements: ComforTone, Ningxia Red, SleepEssence, and Super C supplements
Personal Care Items: Relaxation Massage Oil, Kidscents Shampoo, and Kidscents Toothpaste
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.
P.S. The oils we talked about today can be found through Young Living. If you’re not already a member, we would love to help you get started with a 24% discount, opportunities to earn free oils, and hook you up with our exclusive support groups and favorite resources.
Want more info? Be sure to check out our Membership Page for more info on how you can learn more from us in our exclusive online groups and courses!