Thieves essential oil blend has its roots deep in history. It was created from research based on the infamous 15th century thieves who rubbed oils and herbs on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while they robbed bodies of the dead and dying. Legend has it they told their secret recipe to the King of France to be spared the death penalty. To honor their story, Young Living formulated their proprietary, immune boosting Thieves essential oil blend.
What is Thieves Essential Oil Blend made of?
Thieves essential oil blend is formulated with clove, lemon, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus radiata, and rosemary essential oils.
Clove supports your cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, and immune systems. It’s a fantastic addition to oral hygiene and aids in anti-aging. It is also a stimulant, influencing focus, stimulates dreams, and creates a sense of protection and courage.
Lemon supports your respiratory, digestive, immune systems and is also great for skin health too. It’s largely used in skin care for its cleansing and anti aging properties. Lemon improves memory and concentration, reduces stress, and increases alertness.
Cinnamon essential oil is known for its immune boosting properties.
Eucalyptus Radiata helps support and purify your respiratory system and boosts your immune system. It’s also energizing and soothing.
Rosemary supports your circulatory, digestive, immune, and musculoskeletal systems. It also stimulates hair follicles and mental focus.
Ways to use Thieves Essential Oil Blend:
- Dilute a drop per ml (or 5 drops per tsp) of carrier oil, such as coconut or sweet almond oil, and rub on the bottom of your feet, over your belly, and/or over your chest to help boost your immune system.
- Diffuse to purify and cleanse the air
- I love adding a couple drops of orange essential oil to Thieves in the diffuser – it reminds me of Thanksgiving
- Make an immune-boosting sugar scrub
- Add it to coconut oil to enhance your oil pulling
- Add Thieves to your homemade toothpaste
- Add to your homemade cleaning products
- Put a drop of Thieves Vitality in a tsp of honey and dissolve in a mug of warm water for a soothing tea
- Add Thieves to homemade play dough to boost your children’s immune systems while they play
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. Thieves is a proprietary blend, formulated by Young Living, that is offered in their Premium Starter Kit that features essential oils and also in their Premium Starter Kit that features Theives.
- Sign up for my FREE 3-week essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices!