Florida water is a combination of essential oils mixed with a solvent (in this case, alcohol). It originally was made in Florida, inspired by the Fountain of Youth, which according to folklore is located in St Augustine, FL.
Originally, Florida Water was sold as a unisex cologne or perfume, providing a lighter than normal spicy-citrus-floral fragrance. This fragrance was also often used as a linen spray.
Over time, people realized the botanicals in Florida Water provided many physical and mental wellness benefits, and its popularity grew through health related uses as well as used as a cleaning product.
How to make Florida Water
The biggest key to this Florida Water is to make it your own. So please feel inspired to adapt this recipe to fit you, based on your intuition.
What you’ll need to make your own Florida Water:
- 20 oz glass jar or bottle
- 100-proof Vodka
- 2 Tablespoons of rose water (we have a recipe here)
- 16 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 12 drops of lavender essential oil
- 6 drops black pepper essential oil
- 3 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops jasmine essential oil
- 2 drops of rose essential oil
- 2 drops of sandalwood essential oil
** PLEASE NOTE ** Don’t be fooled by clever marketing. Not all essential oils are created equally. Make sure you’re not wasting your money on fake essential oils, or oils diluted in questionable solvents (even if they’re labeled as “pure essential oil”). Don’t miss our complete guide on how to find quality pure essential oils to ensure you’re not wasting your money on brands of oils that legally carry out questionable or unethical practices and mislead you through deceitful marketing practices.
Directions to make your Florida Water
Mix all our ingredients in your glass jar, and let rest for a few days before using.
How To Use Florida Water
Florida Water has several uses:
- Wear as a perfume or cologne
- Bathe in Florida Water on a New Moon to cleanse away negativity
- Anoint or cleanse your crystals
- Use Florida Water to use as an upgrade to your Moon Water
- Bless your home
- Clean your house by adding salt and Florida Water to a bucket of water and mop the floors
- Cleanse your meditation space
- Put Florida Water in your palms and clap them to raise vibrations and to give you a quick energy boost
- Spritz in your rooms for a Happy Home and to combat melancholy and negative emotions
Be sure to shake the jar or bottle to thoroughly mix your Florida Water before using it.
More articles you won’t want to miss
- Pairing essential oils and crystals
- Deepening your meditation and yoga practice with essential oils
- Make your own Moon Water
- Using essential oils with different moon phases
- More Woo & Spiritual articles
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it with your friends and to your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES to hear about your personal experiences and wins using essential oils.
Let’s Connect! You can find me on social media at:
Don’t miss out on free essential oils, discounts on essential oil-infused household products, and healthy lifestyle coaching! Join our membership today for product discounts and complimentary coaching!
Looking for more info about essential oils and adopting a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out our online courses over at www.essentialoils.life/shop/ or enroll in our free Intro to Essential Oils Email Class