This recipe is is an essential oil inspired rendition of Disney’s Gingerbread Cream Cheese Muffins. This timeless recipe is redone using vitality essential oils in the recipe. Why? Because I don’t always have fresh or dried spices on hand, especially with us being on the move a lot and often full time living in an RV. I always have my oil stash nearby because of how versatile the oils are, so choosing to keep the oils when we are on the go helps to leave open space for other items we need. Plus, I really do enjoy the taste a lot more with the oils. They provide a much more rounded flavor than their dried spice counterparts.
Quick tip… if you’re using essential oils for any recipe (or really any use at all), make sure what you’re using is high quality. There are so many deceptive practices going on that you really should be aware of.
Cream Cheese Filling & Directions:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1+1/2 TBSP softened unsalted butter
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
** PLEASE NOTE ** Don’t be fooled by clever marketing. Not all essential oils are created equally. Make sure you’re not wasting your money on fake essential oils, or oils diluted in questionable solvents. Don’t miss our complete guide on how to find quality essential oils to ensure you’re not wasting your money on brands of oils that legally carry out questionable or unethical practices and mislead you through deceitful marketing practices.
- Coming the sugar and butter in a mixer using the paddle attachment, beating at low speed until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, and mix on medium speed until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Reduce speed to low, adding the egg and lemon.
- Let rest in the refrigerator (2hrs to 3days), until you’re ready to use it.
Gingerbread Muffin Ingredients:
- 1+3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (we use Einkorn Flour)
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 2 drops plus 2 toothpick dips of Cinnamon Vitality Essential Oil
- 2 toothpick dips of Nutmeg Vitality Essential Oil
- 1 toothpick dip of Clove Vitality Essential Oil
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 TBS molasses
- 3 TBS raw honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Cream Cheese Filling from above
- Preheat your oven to 325 (f), and prepare your muffin pan with liners
- Sift your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium sized bowl, and set aside
- Coming avocado oil, sugar, molasses, honey, egg, and vitality essential oils in a bowl and whisk together (or use an electric mixer with a whisk attachment at medium speed)
- If you’re using an electric mixer, slow down to low speed and add your buttermilk
- While maintaining a lower speed, whisk in your dry ingredients, scraping the sides frequently. Mix for roughly 30 seconds. Your batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Scoop batter into your prepped muffin tin, filling each muffin cup 3/4 full
- Add your cream cheese filling into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. If you don’t have a piping bag or frosting tips, then you may use a ziplock type bag instead, removing a corner.
- Insert the piping tip into the center of each muffin, squeezing about 1 Tablespoon of your cream cheese filling into the center, and then squeezing a swirl on the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top of the muffins feel firm
- Cool. Then serve, and enjoy.
Personally, my kids love pairing this with our homemade blueberry-lavender ice cream, especially during the summer months.
If you enjoyed this post…
If you’re wanting to adapt some recipes you have on hand with essential oils, don’t miss our Essential Oil Conversion Chart! And let us know what you’re making! We would love to feature your recipe on our website!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share with your friends and to your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES to hear about your personal experiences and wins using essential oils.
Let’s Connect! You can find me on social media at:
- Our Free EssentialOils.Life Community (uses a web browser or the Mighty Networks App on tablet/phone devices)
- Find me on Pinterest
- Meet me on GAB
Don’t miss out on free essential oils and healthy lifestyle coaching! Join our membership today for product discounts and complimentary coaching!
Looking for more info about essential oils and adopting a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out our online courses over at www.essentialoils.life/shop/
To receive more tips, tricks, recipes, and other essential oil fun, be sure to scroll down and sign up for our free oily email community.