Reading is important to building yourself as a person and as a leader, and also increase your knowledge about essential oils, how they work, and what they do.
This page is dedicated to the books I’ve read and believe are worth the time spent reading (yes, that means this is just a short preview of the books I’ve read). I hope you enjoy these as much as I have!
Books on how to use essential oils
These books are designed to teach you when and how to use essential oils. They are generic books and only cover single oils and do have some DIY blends. They are definitely worth keeping on hand.
Reference books to help you use essential oils that include Young Living’s exclusive brand
Gentle Babies covers using essential oils during pregnancy, breast-feeding, and young child ages. It is a more controversial book because it is not conservative when it comes to essential oil safety. I tend to be more cautious with oils than what is written in this book, but it is still a good book to have and read if you have kids or are expecting. I tend to dilute more than what the book recommends.
Taming The Dragon Within Us helps you learn more about all the special women’s health fun. Its a great book to help you overcome that time fo the month… and that season of life… gracefully, oily, and less moody.
Lucy Libido is all about helping you use oils to spice up your love life, and a must have for all oil-enthusiasts.
Healing Oils of the Bible talks in detail about all the oil uses and mentions from the Holy Bible.
The last three reference guides in the book list above are reference guides. They help you navigate how to use your oils, the science behind each oil, and when you might want to use certain oils. They’re definitely a must have, especially if you’re working on building a business. Using oils isn’t all about knowing everything there is to know.. its about knowing where to find the information you need to make an educated decision.
Books about essential oils
These are a bit clinical, but still fairly easy to read and quite intriguing!
Of the 8 titles listed above, I believe the Releasing Emotional Patterns with Essential Oils is the most important to have. The rest are super intriguing, if you’re into science and like to geek out on info.
Personal Development Books
This is a list of books I highly recommend for improving yourself. Even reading them multiple times will challenge you in different ways during different phases of life.
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth: Live Them and Reach Your Potential (I recommend reading this book every year!)
- Grow and Think Rich
- Daring Greatly
- Intentional Living: Choosing A Life That Matters
- The Maxwell Daily Reader: 365 Days of Insight To Develop The Leader Within You and Influence Those Around You
- 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader: Becoming the Person Others Will Want to Follow
- Oola Find Balance in an Unbalanced World
- How Successful People Think: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life
- Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success
- The Miracle Morning
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Excuse Me, Your Life Is Wating
15 invaluable Laws of Growth is one of those books that you deserve to read every year. The rest of these books are ones I’ve read over the years that really spoke to me much more efficiently than other books I’ve read. I do make it a point to read at least one personal development book per month. If you’d like to join in, I would love to have you join me as personal development reading accountability partners. Just shoot over an email to Nicole (at) essentialoils.life.
These books are fantastic!! They are motivating, inspiring, and instructive.
- Getting Noticed ***** This one is a MUST!!! Especially if you are using social media.
- The Four Year Career – Young Living Edition (There is a free ebook uploaded to our EssentailOils.Life Learning Community Facebook Group files. This is a definite must read!)
- ROCK Your Network Marketing Business: How to Become a Network Marketing ROCK STAR (this one needs to be on your short list!)
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Making the First Circle Work
- Mach II: With Your Hair On Fire
- Slay the Dragon
- Road to Royal (YL Specific)
- 25 to Life (YL specific, written for builders in their 20s)
- First Steps to Wealth (about entrepreneurship — Dani Johnson has a ton of awesome tools that can help you in both business and life)
Great personal development books you can also read to your kids
Because who doesn’t enjoy a good personal development book that littles will be ok listening to also. Though most of these don’t have much of anything for pictures, they are still great books to read if your little is at the age where they want you to read and don’t really care too much about pictures – or if yours is like mine is currently and wants you to read aloud while they flip through their own book. Also great for teens and pre-teens who don’t have the novel attention span.
Typically kids 9 and up can greatly benefit from personal development books as well. Children typically develop the logic center in their brains at 8 years old. Starting the habit young can yield some fantastic results in confidence, critical thinking skills, and future success. For younger kids, there are still some good books that you can use to inspire growth.
I absolutely love the 7 Habits collections. They’ve really expanded their book lineup to graciously include all ages within families.