Hot. So hot. You don’t know whether to crank up the AC or go sit in the fridge to help cool you down. Whether you’re going through that “season” or its just summer time, this DIY cooling peppermint spray will help chill you out so you’re not stuck feeling miserable while breaking a sweat fanning yourself.
Peppermint. It makes an invigoratingly refreshing oil. Historically, peppermint has been used to soothe the digestive tract and freshen breath. However, like many oils peppermint has multiple uses… it can also have a cooling effect too.
What you’ll need for this DIY Cooling Peppermint Spray:
- 4ml distilled water
- 1ml witch hazel
- 2-3 drops of a quality Peppermint Essential Oil
- 5ml atomizer (like these)
Yup! That’s all you need!! These are incredibly easy to put together and are so handy to keep around. They also make fantastic gifts!!
When to use your Cooling Peppermint Spray:
- Outside when you’re feeling too warm in the summer heat
- When experiencing hot flashes
- During workouts, if you feel like you need a bit of a cool down to help you keep going
- Anytime you need a quick cool down
- When you’re overheating in a hot kitchen while cooking or baking
- Spray in your mouth for a quick breath freshener
- Spray in your mouth or on your face for quick energy “pick me up”
- Soothe a sore or itchy throat by spraying toward the back of your throat
- Spray into the toilet to help keep smells at bay
- Use around the house or when you’re out to help keep spiders away
- Spray on the bottom of your feet for a quick energy boost or to soothe sore feet
What are your favorite uses for peppermint spray??
Let us know below in the comments!! We would love to hear from you!
Peppermint Spray Related Posts:
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it with your friends and on your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES to hear about your personal experiences and wins using essential oils.
Don’t miss out on free essential oils, discounts on essential oil-infused household products, and healthy lifestyle coaching! Join our membership today for product discounts, group support, and complimentary coaching. Or take our complimentary online, self-paced introduction to essential oils course.
Looking for more info about essential oils and adopting a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out our Healthy Home online course for tips on how to identify and replace common harmful products from your home.