Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend that evokes tranquil, nurtured feelings that can be a wonderful companion for times of inner reflection. It is a blend of essential oils containing:
- Coriander (oriandrum sativum) seed essential oil,
- Geranium (Pelargonium graveolens) flower essential oil,
- Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martini) essential oil,
- Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil,
- Ylang ylang (Cananga odorata) flower essential oil,
- Roman chamomile (Anthemis nobilis) flower essential oil,
- Bergamot (Furocoumarin-free Citrus aurantium bergamia) peel oil,
- Lemon (Citrus limon) peel oil,
- Jasmine (Jasminum officinale) pure absolute
- Rose (Rosa damascena) essential oil
Ways to use Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend
- Diffuse Gentle Baby in the evening to help you or your kids calm down and relax before or during your evening routine
- Dilute it with your favorite carrier oil and massage it into your skin to help support your skin health and reduce blemishes
- Dilute and apply Gentle Baby to your wrists throughout the day for a comforting aroma
- Add a couple drops to a warm bath or spray it on warm linens for a soothing scent.
- DIY Hush Little Baby Diffuser Blend: 4 drops Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend with 3 drops lavender essential oil
- Diffuse Gentle Baby by itself while snuggling with your kids to promote bonding and feelings of togetherness
- Inhale in the diffuser or rub diluted on the palms of your hands to sniff to help inspire inner peace
- Make your own baby lotion using Gentle Baby essential oil blend
- Drip a few drops on a cotton ball and place in a plastic bag in your hospital bag prior to having a baby. Sniffing it during labor may help clam your emotions during and after birth.
- Add to your homemade diaper cream
- Dilute and apply to your baby’s feet to help calm them
- Dilute and apply to your baby’s belly or feet to support healthy digestion, and to support healthy respiration.
- Massaging diluted Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend may help calm a baby with colic
- Diffuse to help you calm down during stressful moments
- Wear it in diffusing jewelry to carry its calming aroma with you all day
- Dilute and apply it to your wrists and neck for a lovely nontoxic perfume
- Diffuse during your meditation or prayer time to help you feel calm and open
- Achieve more restful sleep by diffusing Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend before bedtime
- Make a roller ball with Gentle Baby by adding 1 drop per ml of carrier oil for adults or 1 drop per 5ml carrier oil for young children.
*** Please keep in mind that Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend contains citrus essential oils that are considered to be photosensitive. If you choose to use Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend on your skin, please ensure it is in a place that will not be exposed to direct sunlight within 12 hours to avoid a reaction.
To dilute Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend for topical uses, I recommend using 1 drop Gentle Baby to 1 ml of carrier oil for adults, and 1 drop Gentle Baby to 5 ml of carrier oil for children and babies.
Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend Frequently Asked Questions:
Is Gentle Baby Essential Oil blend safe for newborns?
I tend to take a more conservative approach and do not use this oil directly on my kids when they were newborns. I did use it on me to help me through my postpartum time and bonding with them. The only essential oils I recommend for applying topically to newborns are lavender and frankincense, highly diluted.
What is the difference between Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend and Peace and Calming Essential Oil Blend?
Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend is a blend of Coriander, Geranium, Palmarosa, Lavender, Ylang ylang, Roman chamomile, Bergamot, Lemon, Jasmine, and Rose essential oils. It has a lightly sweet floral aroma that is great for calming emotions and skin health.
Peace and Calming Essential Oil Blend is also a Young Living proprietary essential oil blend comprised of tangerine, orange, ylang ylang, patchouli, and blue tansy essential oils. The aroma is much more of a citrus experience, which is also great for calming. To see more about Peace and Calming, check out our post with 20 uses!
What is the difference between Gentle Baby Essential Oil and Sleepyize?
Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend is a blend of Coriander, Geranium, Palmarosa, Lavender, Ylang ylang, Roman chamomile, Bergamot, Lemon, Jasmine, and Rose essential oils. It is great for calming and skin health.
Sleepyize Essential Oil Blend is a blend of lavender, geranium, roman chamomile, tangerine, bergamot, frankincense (sacra), valerian, and rue essential oils predicted in caprylic/capric triglyceride (coconut oil).
Sleepyize’s aroma is slightly similar to Gentle Baby, as are the uses. Gentle Baby promotes more togetherness and bonding, where as Sleepyize is much more beneficial for rest and restful sleep.
What is the doTERRA alternative for Gentle Baby Essential Oil?
DoTERRA does not specifically have a blend that lines up with Gentle Baby. The closest oils that doTERRA has for similar uses are: lavender and Roman chamomile. For adults, the doTERRA Balance Essential Oil Blend is the closest comparison.
What are Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend alternatives?
Alternatives for Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend include: lavender essential oil, and Sleepyize, and Seedlings essential oil blends
Have a question about Peace & Calming you’d like featured???
You are welcome to comment below, or fill out this form to ask anonymously, and we will answer and feature your question!
Where do you buy Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend?
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach.
Warning: DO NOT purchase Gentle Baby Essential Oil Blend (or any other essential oil through Amazon or similar websites!
Any website that allows anyone to sell on, such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart… etc… are terrible places to purchase essential oils. While you may get a “good deal,” knowing who you’re purchasing from what what exactly you’re purchasing is difficult. There are many counterfeit essential oils being sold that are causing health ailments, major skin reactions, and a lot of misery. These are NOT high quality essential oils. They are fakes being sold purely for profit.
I also do NOT recommend purchasing from grocery stores, Walmart, Target, department stores, or drug stores. Many of the brands found at those stores have been proven to not actually contain any essential oil (which is perfectly legal to do).
I STRONGLY suggest you know the company that makes your oils, how the plants are cared for, what they do for distilling, how and how many times each batch is tested (and when), and their bottling processes. Many companies throw out fancy language for marketing purposes, but actually have no clue how their oils are made because the oils come from a broker (which are almost always diluted in solvents). Transparency is key.
I highly encourage you to check out our How To Find Quality Essential Oils post for in-depth information about why quality matters, and what to look for.
Where we purchase our essential oils, and why
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. This company has proven to me time and time again to be the closest thing out there to buying from your local farmer. They are totally transparent in their processes, and even open their farms so you can see for yourself (or involve yourself in the process).
When you purchase through our links on this website, you’ll receive complimentary individual and group coaching, our favorite resources, lifestyle consulting, and more… just head over to our membership page to learn more!
Please let us know in the comments… Did this post help you? Have you purchased your own bottle of Gentle Baby yet? What is your favorite Theives recipe? What questions do you have? We would love to hear about it!
P.S. You’re welcome to join me in my FREE Introduction to Essential Oils email course where I’ll walk you through everything beginners need to know about using essential oils.
** To receive more tips, tricks, recipes, and other essential oil fun, be sure to scroll down and sign up for our free oily newsletter!