RC is a Young Living exclusive essential oil blend containing the constituents linalol camphene, limonene, linalol acetate, and eucalyptol to help you maximize your health and wellness (I strongly recommend Googling those). RC is an acronym for “Respiratory Comfort,” but it does much more than just support and soothes the respiratory system.
What is in RC Essential Oil Blend?
- Three varieties of eucalyptus – Eucalyptus Citriodora, Globulous, and Radiata directly provide support and cleansing properties to the entire respiratory system, enhance cognitive awareness, and increase energy and stamina.
- Myrtle – provides support to your respiratory, digestive, glandular, and musculoskeletal systems, helps balance hormones, and also supports your skin. Historically, myrtle was used for normalizing hormonal imbalances, specifically supporting the thyroid (hyperthyroid), prostate, and ovaries. It is stimulating and can also help soothe muscle spasms.
- Pine – supports your respiratory system and stimulates your lymphatic system. Hippocrates originally investigated pine for it respiratory system benefits, which are magnified when blended with Eucalyptus Globulous. Pine also helps balance emotions with its calming, soothing aroma, revitalizes the mind and body, and promotes empowering and grounding feelings.
- Marjoram – is well-known for soothing aches, spasms, and discomfort. It's soothing to the digestive system and promotes relaxation.
- Lavender – has many constituents in it that gave it the reputation of being the Swiss Army Knife of essential oils. There really isn't anything this oil can't help with. Its scent is calming, relaxing, and improves concentration and mental acuity by increasing beta waves in your brain.
- Cyprus – helps support your musculoskeletal system and cardiovascular system. It's known for improving circulation, improving respiration, and promoting liver health. It helps your body to metabolize sugar, helps you deal with emotional stress and associated headaches, and is great at supporting your skin.
- Peppermint – supports your nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, and digestive systems. It may help soothe your sinuses and lungs, and helps boost your energy. Peppermint is one of those everyday oils that truly can be used every day!
- Tsuga – Tsuga helps support your cardiovascular and respiratory systems. It is known for cleansing the blood, helping support body cells as they regenerate, and helps give you a boost in energy.
** PLEASE NOTE ** Don't be fooled by clever marketing. Not all essential oils are created equally. Make sure you're not wasting your money on fake or altered essential oils (even if they're labeled as “pure essential oil”). Don't miss our explosive report outlining the dirty little secrets of the essential oil industry to ensure you're not wasting your money on brands of oils that legally mislead you through deceitful marketing practices.
8 ways to Use RC
- Diffuse during changing seasons to soothe your respiratory system and sinuses.
- Diffuse in the mornings with a drop of lemon for a quick boost in energy and to awaken the senses. (I no longer feel the need for coffee with this blend in our diffuser!)
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to muscles before working out or running to minimize sore muscles.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to sore muscles after a workout or run.
- Drip a few drops on a washcloth and place them in your shower to steam your bathroom while you shower, providing an invigorating and energizing aroma while you shower.
- Dilute and apply to feet, chest, and throat for immune and respiratory system support.
- Add a few drops to a cup of baking soda and 1/3 cup of water for an invigorating shower melt-away and feel like you're showering at the spa.
- Add some coconut oil for a homemade vapor rub.
RC Essential Oil Safety Information
- Dilute with a carrier oil before applying topically.
- Do not apply to babies or small children.
- Like ALL essential oils, keep them out of reach of children so they don’t accidentally swallow it. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
- If you are taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Do not store above room temperature.
This essential oil blend does NOT come diluted. Be sure to dilute this oil before applying it to your skin. I recommend 1 drop of essential oil to 1ml of carrier oil (typically 20 drops). If you're diluting to apply on a child, please dilute one drop of essential oil to 5 ml of carrier oil (1 tsp).
FAQ: Can you use RC on children?
Please do not use it on babies or children younger than 6. There is another essential oil, the Kidscents SniffleEase, that is ideal for children and comes pre-diluted. I recommend it for kids over 2. If you need something for toddlers or infants, please only use lavender or frankincense (diluted).
FAQ: Can you use RC if you're taking medication?
If you have a medical condition or are taking medication, please consult with your pharmacist. We do have a special article for you if you're worried about medication contraindications that I highly recommend reading. You may want to avoid using RC essential oil blend if you're taking these types of medications:
- Preparing for anesthesia
How to store RC essential oil blend
Be sure to store your RC essential oil blend in a cool dry place, no warmer than your typical room temperature. I store mine in a linen closet in our hallway. Please read our article How To Care For And Store Essential Oils for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions about RC Essential Oil Blend
Is RC essential oil blend safe to use while pregnant?
You should use RC cautiously while you're pregnant.
If you're using oils while pregnant, I highly recommend this reference guide. It contains some great advice for using essential oils while pregnant, plus some DIY Recipes you'll love too.
Is RC essential oil safe for kids and babies?
Generally, yes, for children over 6. Please also be sure to use it in greater dilutions with children.
While essential oils may be safe for kids to use, please do not have your child use an essential oil internally without being under the direct guidance of a naturopathic doctor.
Can you be allergic to RC essential oil blend?
There are a few reasons why you would experience an allergy-like reaction to essential oils. Usually, this is caused by not diluting the oil you're applying (or not diluting it enough). Please refer to our essential oils and allergies article for more in-depth information.
Is RC essential oil blend safe for dogs and cats?
RC essential oil is safe to use with your pets.
If you're using essential oils around your family pets, be sure to allow them access out of the room and into a room where you're not diffusing. This way they're able to escape when they feel they've had enough. Please also consider picking up a reference guide specific to using essential oils with animals.
If you’re using essential oils around your family pets, be sure to allow them to access out of the room and into a room where you’re not diffusing. This way they’re able to escape when they feel they’ve had enough.
Please also consider picking up a reference guide specific to using essential oils with animals. There are also reference guides specific to Young Living’s oils too.
Should you use RC essential oil blend if you're taking medication?
This is a very personal question, and really depends on which medications you're taking. I have an entire article dedicated to known medication contraindications that I highly recommend you check out… in addition to having a lengthy conversation with your local aromatherapist or pharmacist.
How often should you use RC essential oil blend?
This is also a personal question. This depends on what you're using it for and how experienced you are using it. For beginners, I recommend only diffusing for 30 minutes at a time, then giving your body an hour break. If you diffuse too much, you could end up lightheaded. Personally, I have a diffuser running most of the day intermittently (using the intermittent setting on our diffuser). Or I'll wear a piece of diffusing jewelry with 3 drops of oil on it throughout the day (those 3 drops usually last a few days). Check out our article about diffusing essential oils safely for more info.
Where to Buy High-Quality Essential Oils
Don't be fooled into purchasing substandard, fake, or counterfeit essential oils using clever marketing and loose labeling laws. Be sure you know about the 10 Dirty Little Secrets of the essential oil industry so you can make the best choice for your needs for in-depth information about why quality matters, how not to be fooled, and what to look for
Warning: DO NOT purchase your oils through Amazon, eBay, Walmart, or similar websites with 3rd party sellers! Many of those oils are counterfeit and may cause health ailments, skin reactions, headaches, and a lot of misery. Most reputable essential oil brands do not allow their oils to be purchased there, so when you do find them (even if the seller appears to be legitimate), they're often fake.
If you're ready to start your essential oil journey, this is our favorite place to purchase from because of their transparency and dedication to doing what is right for their customers and not compromising on their integrity to provide industry-setting quality standards throughout all their products.
Where to find RC Essential Oil
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what is expected within the essential oil industry. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. This company has proven to me time and time again to be the closest thing out there to buying from your local farmer. They are totally transparent in their processes, and even open their farms so you can see for yourself (or involve yourself in the process).
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it with your friends and on your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES to hear about your personal experiences and wins using essential oils.
Don't miss out on free essential oils, discounts on essential oil-infused household products, and healthy lifestyle coaching! Join our membership today for product discounts, group support, and complimentary coaching. Or take our complimentary online, self-paced introduction to essential oils course.
Looking for more info about essential oils and adopting a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out our Healthy Home online course for tips on how to identify and replace common harmful products from your home.