RC is a Young Living exclusive essential oil blend containing the constituents linalol camphene, limonene, linalol acetate, and eucalyptol to help you maximize your health and wellness (I strongly recommend Googling those). RC is an acronym for “Respiratory Comfort,” but it does much more than just support and soothe the respiratory system.
What is in RC Essential Oil Blend?
- Three varieties of eucalyptus – Eucalyptus Citriodora, Globulous, and Radiata directly provide support and cleansing properties to the entire respiratory system, enhance cognitive awareness, increases energy and stamina.
- Myrtle – Myrtle provides support to your respiratory, digestive, glandular, and musculoskeletal systems, helps balance hormones, and also supports your skin. Historically, myrtle was used for normalizing hormonal imbalances, specifically supporting the thyroid (hyperthyroid), prostate, and ovaries. It is stimulating and can also help sooth muscle spasms.
- Pine – Pine supports your respiratory system, and stimulates your lymphatic system. Hippocrates originally investigated pine for it respiratory system benefits, which are magnified when blended with Eucalyptus Globulous. Pine also helps balance emotions with its calming, soothing aroma, revitalizes the mind and body, and promotes empowering and grounding feelings.
- Marjoram – Marjoram is well-known for soothing aches, spasms, and discomfort. It’s soothing to the digestive system, and promotes relaxation.
- Lavender – Lavender has many constituents in it that gave it the reputation for being the Swiss Army Knife of essential oils. There really isn’t anything this oil can’t help with. Its scent is calming, relaxing, improves concentration and mental acuity by increasing beta waves in your brain.
- Cyprus – Cyprus helps support your musculoskeletal system and cardiovascular system. It’s known for improving circulation, improves respiration, and promotes liver health. It helps your body to metabolize sugar, helps you deal with emotional stress and associated headaches, and is great at supporting your skin.
- Peppermint – Peppermint supports your nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory and digestive systems. It may help soothe your sinuses and lungs, and helps boost your energy.. Peppermint is one of those everyday oils that truly can be used every day!
- Tsuga – Tsuga helps support your cardiovascular and respiratory systems. It is known for cleansing the blood, helping support body cells as they regenerate, and helps give you a boost in energy.
** PLEASE NOTE ** Don’t be fooled by clever marketing. Not all essential oils are created equally. Make sure you’re not wasting your money on fake essential oils, or oils diluted in questionable solvents (even if they’re labeled as “pure essential oil”). Don’t miss our complete guide on how to find quality pure essential oils to ensure you’re not wasting your money on brands of oils that legally carry out questionable or unethical practices and mislead you through deceitful marketing practices.
8 ways to Use RC
- Diffuse during changing seasons to soothe your respiratory system and sinuses.
- Diffuse in the mornings with a drop of lemon for a quick boost in energy and to awaken the senses. (I no longer feel the need for coffee with this blend in our diffuser!)
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to muscles before working out or running to minimize sore muscles.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to sore muscles after a workout or run.
- Drip a few drops on a washcloth and place in your shower to steam your bathroom while you shower, providing an invigorating and energizing aroma while you shower.
- Dilute and apply to feet, chest, and throat for immune and respiratory system support.
- Add a few drops to a cup of baking soda and 1/3 cup of water for an invigorating shower melt-away and feel like you’re showering at the spa.
- Add to some coconut oil for a homemade vapor rub.
RC Essential Oil Safety Information
- Dilute with a carrier oil before applying topically.
- Do not apply to babies or small children.
- Like ALL essential oils, keep out of reach of children so they don’t accidentally swallow it. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
- If you are taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Do not store above room temperature.
This essential oil blend does NOT come diluted. Be sure to dilute this oil before applying it to your skin. I recommend 1 drop of essential oil to 1ml of carrier oil (typically 20 drops). If you’re diluting to apply on a child, please dilute one drop of essential oil to 5 ml of carrier oil (1 tsp).
Please do not use on babies or children younger than 6. There is another essential oil, the Kidscents SniffleEase, that is ideal for children and comes pre-diluted that I recommend for kids over 2. If you need something for toddlers or infants, please only use lavender or frankincense (diluted).
If you have a medical condition or are taking medication, please consult with your pharmacist. We do have a special article for you if you’re worried about medication contraindications that I highly recommend reading. You may want to avoid using RC essential oil blend if you’re taking these types of medications:
- Preparing for anesthesia
Be sure to store your RC essential oil blend in a cool dry place, no warmer than your typical room temperature. I store mine in a linen closet in our hallway. Please read our article How To Care For And Store Essential Oils for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions about RC Essential Oil Blend
Is RC essential oil blend safe to use while pregnant?
You should use RC cautiously while you’re pregnant.
If you’re using oils while pregnant, I highly recommend this reference guide. It contains some great advice for using essential oils while pregnant, plus some DIY Recipes you’ll love too.
Is RC essential oil safe for kids and babies?
Generally, yes, for children over 6. Please also be sure to use it in greater dilutions with children.
While essential oils may be safe for kids to use, please do not have your child use an essential oil internally without being under the direct guidance of a naturopathic doctor.
Can you be allergic to RC essential oil blend?
There are a few reasons why you would experience an allergy-like reaction to essential oils. Usually, this is caused by not diluting the oil you’re applying (or not diluting it enough). Please refer to our essential oils and allergies article for more in-depth information.
Is RC essential oil blend safe for dogs and cats?
RC essential oil is safe to use with your pets.
If you’re using essential oils around your family pets, be sure to allow them access out of the room and into a room where you’re not diffusing. This way they’re able to escape when they feel they’ve had enough. Please also consider picking up a reference guide specific to using essential oils with animals.
Should you use RC essential oil blend if you’re taking medication?
This is a very personal question, and really depend on which medications you’re taking. I have an entire article dedicated to known medication contraindications that I highly recommend you check out… in addition to having a lengthy conversation with your local aromatherapist or pharmacist.
How often should you use RC essential oil blend?
This is also a personal question. This depends on what you’re using it for and how experienced you are using it. For beginners, I recommend only diffusing for 30 minutes at a time, then giving your body an hour break. If you diffuse too much, you could end up light headed. Personally, I have a diffuser running most of the day intermittently (using the intermittent setting on our diffuser). Or I’ll wear a piece of diffusing jewelry with 3 drops of oil on it throughout the day (those 3 drops usually last a few days). Check out our article about diffusing essential oils safely for more info.
Don’t see an answer to the question you have about RC essential oil blend?
Have a question you don’t see? You’re welcome to ask in the comments or fill out this form to ask anonymously.
Where to find RC Essential Oil
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach.
Warning: DO NOT purchase your oils through Amazon or similar websites!
Any website that allows anyone to sell on, such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart… etc… are terrible places to purchase essential oils. While you may get a “good deal,” knowing who you’re purchasing from is difficult. There are many counterfeit essential oils being sold that are causing health ailments, major skin reactions, and a lot of misery. These are NOT high quality essential oils. They are fakes being sold purely for profit.
I also do NOT recommend purchasing from grocery stores, Walmart, Target, department stores, or drug stores. Many of the brands found at those stores have been proven to not actually contain any essential oil (which is perfectly legal to do).
I STRONGLY suggest you know the company that makes your oils, how the plants are cared for, what they do for distilling, how and how many times each batch is tested (and when), and their bottling processes. Many companies throw out fancy language for marketing purposes, but actually have no clue how their oils are made because the oils come from a broker (which are almost always diluted in solvents). Transparency is key.
I highly encourage you to check out our How To Find Quality Essential Oils post for in-depth information about why quality matters, and what to look for.
Where we purchase our essential oils, and why
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. This company has proven to me time and time again to be the closest thing out there to buying from your local farmer. They are totally transparent in their processes, and even open their farms so you can see for yourself (or involve yourself in the process).
- Sign up for our FREE essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Ways to use Eucalyptus, and the differences between eucalyptus types
- Lavender essential oil uses, recipes, and ideas
- All about Marjoram and how to use it
- Ways to use Peppermint essential oil
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share. Be sure to comment below to tell me your favorite use for RC essential oil! Commenting helps me know which posts are your favorites, so I can make more posts like it.