Jade Lemon has an uplifting citrusy aroma much milder than a lemon with a unique lemon-lime scent that is oddly reminiscent of Bath and Body Works' Lemongrass Sage. It is an oil cold-pressed from the peels of a unique hybrid of lemons and limes from the Rutaceae family (citrus).
Jade Lemon is very high in monoterpenes and also has high levels of d-limonene (definitely worth doing a web search on those).
My personal favorite thing about Jade Lemon Essential Oil is how mild it is. It doesn't have a harsh lemon scent but is more rounded and soft. I often enjoy Jade Lemon peel oil more than I do regular lemon essential oil.
20+ Uses for Jade Lemon Essential Oil
While jade lemon's common primary uses include providing antioxidant assistance to your body, cleaning, supporting clarity of thought, supporting skin health, and water purification, it may also be used to complement your dental care routine. It also has most of the same benefits of lemon oil too (which makes them interchangeable).
Our members' favorite jade lemon essential oil uses include:
- Add to the En-R-Gee blend for a new take on a boost of energy throughout your day
- Diffuse jade lemon alone for a fun, zesty fragrance to uplift your mood and inspire feelings of happinessJade lemon's fragrant aroma is perfect to diffuse alone or in a homemade blend to support clarity of thought
- I love to use this in place of lemon when diffusing DIY blends
- Dilute and apply a tiny amount to the tip of your nose to enhance alertness
- Add a few drops to your laundry to freshen your laundry (either with vinegar to your rinse cycle or on )
- Add to dryer balls for a clean, fresh aroma on your clothes or towels
- Diffuse to help cleanse the air in your home
- Diffuse to help you overcome emotional blocks
- Add a few drops of Jade Lemon to your dishwashing detergent, Limon Shine, or with some vinegar in your rinse aid cycle for a spot-free rinse
- Add a couple drops to a Tbs of olive oil for a homemade furniture polish
- Use in place of lemon essential oil for cleaning grease, gum, or sticky residue off surfaces (perfect for parents of children who love stickers).
- Scrub your hands with Jade Lemon oil to remove car grease or oil residue
- Use to clean permanent marker or crayon art from walls
- Add 40 drops to a 4oz spray bottle with 1 part Witchazel and 3 parts water for an uplifting room and linen spray
- Add to your culinary applications for a fun flavor (great in place of lemon and sometimes other citrus oils)
- Helps to boost your immune system
- Use as a replacement in any recipe calling for lemon essential oil or lemon zest
- Add a few drops of Jade Lemon Vitality Oil to your homemade toothpaste
- Use Jade Lemon oil in your oil pulling routine
- Use Jade Lemon essential oil in your favorite Summertime DIY Diffuser Blends (scroll down for more oil blend ideas)
- Add Jade Lemon Vitality oil to your drink recipes for a unique lemon-lime taste
- Use Jade Lemon in your favorite skincare to help brighten your skin
*** Jade Lemon Essential Oil is a photosensitive essential oil. (scroll down for more safety info)
Jade Lemon Essential Oil Blends
Jade Lemon blends especially well with citronella, lavender, peppermint, sandalwood, and ylang ylang, and other citrus fragrances.
- Cabin Diffuser Blend: 6 drops balsam fir, 2 drops wintergreen, 2 drops eucalyptus, 2 drops jade lemon
- Pick-Me-Up Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each Citrus Fresh, Thieves, and jade lemon
- Petals and Mint Diffuser Blend: 2 drops ylang ylang,
- Breathe happily while diffusing 2 drops each tea tree, peppermint, eucalyptus, and jade lemon essential oils
- Fresh Air Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each of lime and tea tree essential oils, with 3 drops Jade Lemon
Jade Lemon Essential Oil Safety Info
Jade Lemon is not suggested for children under 6. Children over 6 using Jade Lemon topically should be diluted more than normal.
** Please note that jade lemon oil is a photosensitive oil. Avoid sunlight and other direct UV rays where you apply it on your skin for at least 12 hours.
Please remember to dilute your jade lemon oil before using it topically.
If you have sensitive skin, you may want to avoid using citrus oils, like jade lemon, directly on your skin, unless in blends. I highly recommend doing a small patch test on your skin to see if your body is ok using orange oil. To do so, simply dilute a drop of jade lemon oil in your favorite carrier oil, and apply it to a small section of your skin (in an area that will not receive direct sunlight for the following 12 hours). If you do not experience a negative reaction, then you're likely good to continue using jade lemon oil topically (diluted).
Your jade lemon oil should be stored in amber glass bottles, out of direct sunlight, in a cool, dry place, and out of reach of children.
If you have a medical condition or are taking medication, please be mindful of possible contraindications. I highly recommend consulting with a pharmacist or natural wellness professional, like an aromatherapist, naturopath, chiropractor, or functional medicine doctor before beginning use.
Frequently Asked Questions about Jade Lemon Essential Oil
Don't see an answer to the question you have about jade lemon essential oil?
Have a question you don't see? You're welcome to ask in the comments or fill out this form to ask anonymously.
Where to Buy Jade Lemon Essential Oil
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than the rest of the industry. Their Seed to Seal guarantee and testing at every level of production is unmatched and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach.
Warning: DO NOT purchase your oils through Amazon or similar websites!
Any website that allows anyone to sell on, such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart… etc… are terrible places to purchase essential oils. While you may get a “good deal,” knowing who you're purchasing from is difficult. There are many counterfeit essential oils being sold that are causing health ailments, major skin reactions, and a lot of misery. These are NOT high-quality essential oils. They are fakes being sold purely for profit.
I highly encourage you to check out our How To Find Quality Essential Oils post for in-depth information about why quality matters, and what to look for.
To purchase through Young Living, you will need a retail or Brand Partner account, though there are no purchasing requirements unless you choose to qualify for the wholesale discount. If you need help creating an account, please check out our Membership page.
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it with your friends and on your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES to hear about your personal experiences and wins using essential oils.
Don't miss out on free essential oils, discounts on essential oil-infused household products, and healthy lifestyle coaching! Join our membership today for product discounts, group support, and complimentary coaching. Or take our complimentary online, self-paced introduction to essential oils course.
Looking for more info about essential oils and adopting a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out our Healthy Home online course for tips on how to identify and replace common harmful products from your home.