Lemongrass essential oil is distilled from the leaves and woody stalks of the lemongrass plant, originating in Southeast Asia. With a subtle citrus-herb scent, Lemongrass oil offers a sophisticated and relaxing aroma that transforms your home’s environment.
Lemongrass is rich in the Geranial constituent. It is historically used for purification an in supporting digestion, but also has many historical uses with supporting your arteries and helping you relax. It helps support your lungs, ligaments and muscles, veins, and promotes mental awareness and acuity.
Here are some of our favorite uses:
Add 3-4 drops to a sink full of dishes when you wash your dishes
- Add 2-3 drops to your dryer balls or fabric softener when doing laundry
- Massage on your feet, diluted, for a whole-body cooling effect
- Blend 8-10 drops into 1 Tbsp of a carrier oil for a massage oil
- Apply lemongrass diluted to your toe nails to support nail wellness
- Rub lemongrass diluted between your toes for healthy foot skin
- Create a massage blend (like listed above) to apply to sore muscles, feet, and joints
- Apply on your legs for healthy looking skin to reduce the appearance of cellulite and tone your skin
- Add 5-10 drops in 1 cup of epsom salts and add to a warm bath to help with weight, support digestion, relax tired muscles and joints, and promote overall wellenss
- Make a spritz of 8-10 drops of lemongrass with 2 oz of purified water and 2 oz of vodka or witchazel to help reduce extreme sweating
- Diffuse to calm emotions, promote clear thinking, and to freshen the air
- Add up to 10 drops to a small spray bottle filled with distilled water and spritz over carpets, furniture, and linens to eliminate stale odors
- Make your own substitute for chemical-based air fresheners. Add up to 10 drops to a small spray bottle filled with distilled water and spritz over carpets, furniture, and linens to eliminate stale odors.
Try diffusing Lemongrass for an aroma that can inspire a sense of clarity and relaxation for you and your whole family!
Cooking with Lemongrass Vitality
- Add 2–3 drops to water or tea for a light, interesting flavor
- Make chocolate bark using dark chocolate, melted and stirred, with two drops of lemongrass Vitality, spread thin, and topped with habanero sugar and orange peel
Where to Buy Lemongrass Essential Oil
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach.
Other products containing lemongrass:
Lemongrass is a key ingredient in En-R-Gee and DiGize essential oil blends, Ortho Ease® Massage Oil, and Ortho Sport® Massage Oil
Lemongrass Vitality is in DiGize™ essential oil blend, Essentialzymes-4™ supplement, and MultiGreens™ capsules.
How do you use Lemongrass and Lemongrass Vitality?
Please tell us in the comments!
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.