Have you ever heard of oil pulling? I decided to try it myself, and I thought these little coconut oil chews would make the process even more convenient. I figured that adding in a few drops of essential oils would only add to the benefits.
Gather your oils. I used 5 drops of lemon essential oil and 2 drops each of frankincense essential oil and Thieves Essential Oil Blend. Use whichever essential oils you like. You can easily double or triple this recipe depending how much your molds will hold.
** PLEASE NOTE ** Don’t be fooled by clever marketing. Not all essential oils are created equally. Make sure you’re not wasting your money on fake essential oils, or oils diluted in questionable solvents (even if they’re labeled as “pure essential oil”). Don’t miss our complete guide on how to find quality essential oils to ensure you’re not wasting your money on brands of oils that legally carry out questionable or unethical practices and mislead you through deceitful marketing practices.
1. Melt your coconut oil (about 1/4 cup) in a glass measuring cup placed in a pot of barely simmering water. Keep it moving, and as soon as it starts to melt a little, turn off the fire.
2. Stir to incorporate the unmelted bits. You don’t want it to get too hot. Just heat it until it’s barely melted and pourable.
3. Stir in your essential oils.
4. Pour into your molds. You can use ice cube trays, mini cupcake tins or I used a candy mold I had lying around.
5. Stick the mold in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until the coconut oil is solid again. Let it sit on the counter for a minute or two before you turn the mold over and gently tap to release. If you do this straight out of the freezer, they’ll break into pieces and they won’t be nearly as cute. I know this from experience! If this happens, you can always re-melt and do it all again, which I did. ?
Store your coconut oil chews in a jar in the fridge.
Once a day, pop one in your mouth and let it melt. Swish it around for 10-20 minutes. Spit it out in the trash (not in the sink – it can clog your pipes) and brush your teeth afterward, preferably with a natural toothpaste. I highly recommend Young Living’s Thieves toothpaste!
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.
P.S. You can follow me on Instagram @customcakesbykendra to see some gorgeous photos of other things I’m creating in the kitchen!
Where do you find quality essential oils to make these chews?
If you’re not already a Young Living Member, I would love to sponsor you and teach you the ropes. Check out my page to learn more about how you can buy high quality essential oils at a 24% discount, or go directly to my Sign Up page if you’re ready to become a member. ***New wholesale members who use our member ID to purchase a premium starter kit will receive our team’s favorite references and access to our exclusive support groups.