Stress may cause numerous problems in your physical and mental health. While we all have a certain amount of stress in our lives, it’s important to manage it as best we can.
While stress can dissipate on its own (providing you are able to remove yourself from the stress or resolve the underlying reason of why you are stressed), it isn’t as common as us just repressing our stress to force the inconvenience away. Repressing instead of addressing the stress ends up causing our bodies and minds more harm than anything else.
Signs you’re too stressed
- overeating or not eating enough
- body aches and pains
- muscle tension
- drained motivation
- feeling angry
- feeling down
- adrenal fatigue
While we can’t always prevent what causes us stress, it is important to do the little things we can to help care for our body and mind so these issues don’t become major debilitating problems.
One of my favorite ways to manage my stress is using essential oils. There is something about breathing in a quality essential oil that just helps that stress to untangle itself and become more manageable or completely melt away.
- Signs you’re too stressed
- Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
- What is in Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
- How To Use Stress Away
- DIY Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
- My personal experiences using Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
- Frequently Asked Questions about Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
- Can you ingest Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
- Is Stress Away Essential Oil Blend safe to use while pregnant?
- Is Stress Away Essential Oil Blend safe for kids and babies?
- Can you be allergic to Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
- Is Stress Away Essential Oil Blend safe for dogs and cats?
- Should you use Stress Away Essential Oil Blend if you’re taking medication?
- How often should you use Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
- What is the doTERRA equivalent to Stress Away essential oil blend?
- Don’t see an answer to the question you have about Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
- How do you use Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
Stress Away essential oil blend is a proprietary blend created by Young Living specifically to help people cope with stress. It’s a blend of copaiba, lime, cedar wood, ocotea, and lavender essential oils. It’s specifically designed to help melt away stressful feelings so you can have more enjoyment in your life.
What is in Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
- Copaiba essential oil is traditionally used in relaxing the body and elevating your mood. Its also an amplifying oil, which intensifies the effects of other essential oils its mixed with. It has a warm, woodsy aroma that is calming to both the body and the mind.
- Lime essential oil has a lively, fresh fragrance that is both stimulating and refreshing. It helps you think clearer, helping to improve your memory, and gives this blend that little extra something that makes it feel like a margarita in essential oil form.
- Cedarwood essential oil is calming with its ability to relax nervous tension. Historically, cedarwood was used by the North American Indians to enhance their spiritual communication. It creates the symbolic effect of the umbrella protecting the earth and bringing energy in from the universe. Today cedarwood is often used for subduing anger and nervous tension.
- Ocotea essential oil is calming and emotionally balancing.
- Lavender is incredibly soothing and relaxing. There isn’t a body system it doesn’t support, making it ideal to giving your body an extra boost in its wellness.
How To Use Stress Away
- Diffuse during stressful or challenging moments.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to the back of your neck and wrists just before, during, or after particularly stressful situations.
- Such as: exams, interviews, rush hour traffic, visiting family, going to the doctor, going to the dentist…etc…
- Diffuse in the evenings to help relax and unwind from a stressful day.
- Dilute with a carrier oil and apply to neck and wrists as a nontoxic perfume or cologne.
- Dilute 1 drop of stress away per ml of your favorite carrier oil and use as a relaxing massage oil.
- Add a few drops to a cup of baking soda and epsom salts in a hot bath to help you relax and unwind.
- Use in a homemade sugar scrub or body butter for DIY pampering skin care items or gifts (these are super popular gift ideas!).
- Enjoy Stress Away in a relaxing Bath Bomb
- Use Stress Away in a roller bottle by diluting 1 drop per ml of your favorite carrier oil to take with you for when you need it the most (or you can find it premade in a roller bottle here)
Quick note on safety: Stress Away essential oil blend is considered a photosensitive oil because of the lime content. DO NOT use this oil topically anywhere on your body that will be exposed to direct sunlight in the following 12 hours after application.
50 Stress Away DIY Diffuser Blends
- A Brand New Start Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Stress Away with 2 drops each Joy and tangerine essential oils
- Be Happy Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Stress Away and Joy essential oil blends
- Beach House Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Stress Away with 2 drops each copaiba and grapefruit essential oils
- Beach Vibes Diffuser Blend: 4 drops each Stress Away and Peace & Calming essential oil blends
- Bedtime Diffuser Blend: 4 drops lavender, 3 drops Valor, and 2 drops Stress Away essential oils
- Calm and Collected Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each of peppermint and Stress Away with 2 drops frankincense essential oils
- Candy Cane Diffuser Blend: 5 drops Stress Away and 2 drops peppermint essential oil
- Candy Corn Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Stress Away, Thieves, and orange essential oils
- Cherry Limeade Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Stress Away, lime, and bergamot essential oils
- Chill Pill Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Valor with 2 drops each of bergamot and Stress Away essential oils
- Cotton Candy Diffuser Blend: 3 drops grapefruit, 4 drops ylang ylang, and 5 drops Stress Away essential oils
- Cozy Flannel DIY Diffuser Blend: 5 drops bergamot, 4 drops orange, 3 drops Stress Away
- Creamsicle Diffuser Blend: 5 drops Stress Away with 2 drops tangerine essential oil
- Damsel in De-Stress Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Stress Away and Roman Chamomile with 2 drops or orange and 1 drop of cedarwood essential oils
- Endless Summer Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each Peace & Calming, Stress Away, and lime essential oils
- Freshen up Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Stress Away, lemon, and rosemary essential oils
- Fruity Pebbles Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each of lemongrass, bergamot, Stress Away, and grapefruit essential oils
- Gingerbread Man Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each of cinnamon and Stress Away with 2 drops each of nutmeg and lemongrass essential oisl
- Happy Morning Diffuser Blend: 4 drops Stress Away with 3 drops lemon essential oil
- Hush Little Baby Diffuser Blend: 4 drops each of Gentle Baby and Stress Away essential oil blends, 3 drops lavender essential oil
- Island in the Sun Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each lime and bergamot with 2 drops eucalyptus globulus, and 1 drop Stress Away essential oils
- Joy To The World Diffuser Blend: 5 drops Joy, 2 drops Stress Away, and 1 drop of peppermint essential oils
- Kitchen Treats Diffuser Blend: 5 drops Stress Away, 4 drops cinnamon, and 3 drops orange essential oils
- Lemon Cream Diffuser Blend: 5 drops lemon, 3 drops Stress Away, and 2 drops copaiba essential oil
- Key Lime Pie Diffuser Blend: 2 drops lemon, 3 drops lime, 4 drops Stress Away essential oils
- Mojito DIY Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each Stress Away and Spearmint with 3 drops lime essential oils
- Northwest Diffuser Blend: 4 drops balsam fir with 2 drops each pine, lemongrass, and Stress Away essential oils
- Refresh Diffuser Blend: 6 drops stress Away, 3 drops peppermint, and 2 drops Lemon Myrtle essential oils
- Root Beer Float Diffuser Blend: 1 drop peppermint, 3 drops wintergreen, and 6 drops Stress Away
- Settle In Diffuser Blend: 4 drops each Thieves and Stress Away essential oil blends with 1 drop of lemon
- Silent Night Diffuser Blend: 3 drops lavender with 2 drops each Stress Away and frankincense essential oils
- Silver Lanes Diffuser Blend: 4 drops Stress Away, 3 drops Christmas Spirit, and 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- Sleep Tight Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Stress Away and lavender essential oils
- Spiced Apple Pie Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Thieves, 2 drops each Stress Away and Lemon essential oils
- Snickerdoodle Diffuser Blend: 5 drops Stress Away, 3 drops cinnamon bark, and 2 drops of nutmeg essential oils
- Spring Break Diffuser Blend: 4 drops each Stress Away and Citrus Fresh essential oil blends
- St Patrick’s Day Diffuser Blend: 5 drops Stress Away with 4 drops lemon essential oil
- Staying Home Diffuser Blend: 4 drops Stress Away with 3 drops each cedarwood and Citrus Fresh essential oils
- Staycation Sweets Diffuser Blend: 4 drops Stress Away with 3 drops each cinnamon bark and nutmeg essential oils
- Stress Away Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each of orange and Stress Away with 2 drops cedarwood essential oils
- Stress Free Saturday Diffuser Blend: 5 drops lavender, 4 drops tangerine, and 2 drops each of frankincense and ylang ylang essential oils
- Sugar Cookie Diffuser Blend: 6 drops Stress Away, 3 drops peppermint, and 2 drops orange essential oils
- Sugared Lemon Diffuser Blend: 5 drops lemon, 3 drops Stress Away, 1 drop orange essential oils
- Summer Nights Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each lavender, cedarwood, Stress Away, and Valor essential oils
- Sunny Coast Diffuser Blend: 5 drops orange, 3 drops Stress Away, and 2 drops of copaiba or sandalwood essential oils
- Sweet Cinnamon Rolls Diffuser Blend: 5 drops Stress Away, 2 drops each Citrus Fresh and cedarwood, and 1 drop cardamom essential oils
- Three Wise Men Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each frankincense and myrrh with 4 drops Stress Away
- Trick or Treat Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each of orange, lemon, cinnamon bark, and Stress Away essential oils
- Welcome Home Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each of lime, black spruce with 3 drops each of bergamot and Stress Away essential oils
- Williams Sonoma Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each of lemon, rosemary, clove, and Stress Away essential oils
Looking for a way to take your diffuser blends on the go?
Simply create the blend in a separate empty bottle and drip 1-3 drops into a piece of diffusing jewelry and wear it through out the day.
I personally LOVE wearing diffuser necklaces and occasionally wear diffusing bracelets. Especially ones that are fully customizable and attached to jewelry that reduce our exposure to EMFs (and repel mosquitos) using magnets. My favorite source of diffusing jewelry for me, my family, and my clients are found over at Magnetude Jewelry and feature felt as diffusing material with those magnets. Just pick out your necklace or bracelet jewelry base, and the diffuser pieces attach magnetically.
DIY Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
Sometimes making your own blends is fun, or you want to use a blend you love, but ran out and are in need of more right away. This is our favorite DIY copycat Stress Away essential oil blend. While it isn’t exactly the same (which is a proprietary secret), it is really close.
- 40 drops copaiba
- 40 drops lime
- 40 drops vanilla extract
- 20 drops lavender
- 20 drops ocotea
- 20 drops cedarwood
To make this blend, add the drops of oil as listed above into an empty 15ml bottle.
** PLEASE NOTE ** Don’t be fooled by clever marketing. Not all essential oils are created equally. Make sure you’re not wasting your money on fake essential oils, or oils diluted in questionable solvents (even if they’re labeled as “pure essential oil”). Don’t miss our complete guide on how to find quality pure essential oils to ensure you’re not wasting your money on brands of oils that legally carry out questionable or unethical practices and mislead you through deceitful marketing practices.
DIY Stress Away Roller Bottle
To turn Stress Away or your DIY Stress Away into a roller bottle blend, add 1 drop of your essential oil blend per ml, and fill the rest of the way with your favorite carrier oil.
Please remember this is a photosensitive essential oil blend. If you apply this to your skin, and that area is directly exposed to sunlight within the following 12 hours, you may develop a sunburn-like rash. If you’re going to be in the sun, I highly recommend using a diffusing necklace or bracelet instead.
A carrier oil can be any cold-pressed, seed-based oil (ideally organic and unrefined). This includes most cooking oil, like coconut oil, avocado oil, and olive oils. Personally, we LOVE using sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, and the V6 Carrier oil (made by Young Living). This is the best way to dilute your essential oils for topical use.
Need empty bottles? You can order them from any bottle supply shop that offers essential oil bottles, or even off of Amazon. Personally, we save our old essential oil bottles, remove the labels, and reuse the bottles. To reuse your bottles, ensure they are clean by soaking the empty bottle disassembled in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Then let dry. Need a fun roller bottle? Here are some of our favorite essential oil roller bottles on Amazon.
My personal experiences using Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
Stress Away has been an invaluable tool for me as a military wife, mom, military veteran, and travel enthusiast.
Whether driving through rush hour DC traffic, hitting my max with kid chaos, feeling overwhelmed with too much noise happening around me, or navigating life as a solo parent while my husband was deployed, Stress Away Essential Oil Blend was a total life saver.
Each time I’d feel that overwhelm creeping up, I’d diffuse or apply Stress Away essential oil blend to my neck, wrists, and chest. Within minutes of smelling it, my body and mind both immediately started calming down, and my mind was able to think more clearly again.
One day while watching my son play at Little Gym, one of his friends ended up suddenly having a panic attack. After a few minutes being held by his mom, he couldn’t bring himself to do anything. We tried rolling on some Stress Away essential oil I had in my bag, and less than a minute later, he was back to his excited happy self, running back in to continue playing with friends. His mom was shocked at how fast and how well it worked.
Frequently Asked Questions about Stress Away Essential Oil Blend
Can you ingest Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
Stress Away is not one of the essential oil blends that I would recommend to ingest.
Is Stress Away Essential Oil Blend safe to use while pregnant?
Yes. Generally Stress Away Essential Oil Blend is considered safe to use while you’re pregnant.
If you’re using oils while pregnant, I highly recommend this reference guide. It contains some great advice for using essential oils while pregnant, plus some DIY Recipes you’ll love too.
Is Stress Away Essential Oil Blend safe for kids and babies?
Generally, Stress Away essential oil blend is safe for children over 6. I do not recommend it for children under 6 because of the lime.
While essential oils may be safe for kids to use, please do not have your child use an essential oil internally without being under the direct guidance of a naturopathic doctor.
Can you be allergic to Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
There are a few reasons why you would experience an allergy-like reaction to essential oils.
Usually, this is caused by not diluting the oil you’re applying (or not diluting it enough), or in cases of photosensitive oils (like citrus oils or any blends containing citrus oils), it could be caused by applying to your skin and having that same area exposed to direct sunlight too soon.
Is Stress Away Essential Oil Blend safe for dogs and cats?
Stress Away Essential Oil Blend is safe to use with your dogs. It is NOT safe to use around cats.
If you’re using essential oils around your family pets, be sure to allow them access out of the room and into a room where you’re not diffusing. This way they’re able to escape when they feel they’ve had enough. Please also consider picking up a reference guide specific to using essential oils with animals.
Should you use Stress Away Essential Oil Blend if you’re taking medication?
This is a very personal question, and really depend on which medications you’re taking. I have an entire article dedicated to known medication contraindications that I highly recommend you check out… in addition to having a lengthy conversation with your local aromatherapist or pharmacist.
How often should you use Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
This is also a personal question. This depends on what you’re using it for and how experienced you are using it. For beginners, I recommend only diffusing for 30 minutes at a time, then giving your body an hour break. If you diffuse too much, you could end up light headed. Personally, I have a diffuser running most of the day intermittently (using the intermittent setting on our diffuser). Or I’ll wear a piece of diffusing jewelry with 3 drops of oil on it throughout the day (those 3 drops usually last a few days). Check out our article about diffusing essential oils safely for more info.
What is the doTERRA equivalent to Stress Away essential oil blend?
The closest blend to Stress Away that doTERRA has is their Serenity Restful Blend.
Serenity contains Lavender, Cedarwood, Ho Wood, Ylang Ylang, Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Vetiver, and Hawaiian Sandalwood essential oils with Vanilla Bean Absolute.
Stress Away contains copaiba, lime, cedarwood, Ocotea, and lavender essential oils with vanilla extract.
Both oil blends can be used the same way. Just remember to always dilute them before using on your skin.
Don’t see an answer to the question you have about Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
Have a question you don’t see? You’re welcome to ask in the comments or fill out this form to ask anonymously.
Where to Buy High Quality Essential Oils
Don’t be fooled into purchasing substandard, fake, or counterfeit essential oils using clever marketing and loose labeling laws. Be sure you know about the 10 Dirty Little Secrets of the essential oil industry so you can make the best choice for your needs.
Warning: DO NOT purchase your oils through Amazon, eBay, Walmart or similar websites with 3rd party sellers! Many of those oils are counterfeit and causing health ailments, skin reactions, headaches, and a lot of misery. Most reputable essential oil brands do not allow their oils to be purchased there, so when you do find them (even if the seller appears to be legitimate), they’re often fake.
I highly encourage you to check out our How To Find Quality Essential Oils post for in-depth information about why quality matters, and what to look for.
If you’re ready to start your essential oil journey, this is our favorite place to purchase from because of their transparency and dedication to doing what is right for their customers, and not compromising on their integrity to provide industry-setting quality standards throughout all their products.
How do you use Stress Away Essential Oil Blend?
I would love to hear about your favorite ways to use Stress Away in the comments below!
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices!
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.