Raven essential oil blend is a cool, refreshing essential oil blend with lightly sweet undertones that provides a cooling sensation specifically comforting to your throat and lungs. that is proprietary to the Young Living essential oil brand.
We love how Raven provides an invigorating and empowering experience when applied topically, particularly before or after a workout or long walk, or when beginning your day.
- What is in Raven Essential Oil Blend
- 17 Favorite Uses for Raven Essential Oil Blend
- How to use Raven Essential Oil Blend Safely
- DIY Copy-Cat Raven Essential Oil Blend
- Frequently Asked Questions about Raven Essential Oil Blend
- Can you diffuse Raven Essential Oil Blend?
- Is Raven Essential Oil Blend safe for Pregnancy?
- Is Raven Essential Oil Blend safe for Babies or Toddlers?
- Is Raven Essential Oil Blend safe for Dogs?
- Is Raven Essential Oil Blend safe for Cats?
- Raven Essential Oil Blend VS RC Essential Oil Blend… What’s the difference?
- Can you ingest raven essential oil blend?
- Should you use Raven essential oil blend if you’re taking medication?
- How often should you use Raven essential oil?
- Have a question not asked?
- Where can you find Raven Essential Oil Blend?
What is in Raven Essential Oil Blend
Raven essential oil’s unique aroma is created using:
- Ravintsara essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Wintergreen essential oil
Raven contains the naturally occurring constituents: eucalyptol, menthol, and methyl salicylate (the benefits of those are well worth looking up)
17 Favorite Uses for Raven Essential Oil Blend
- Soothe stuffy sinuses
- Apply (diluted) to your legs and back before a workout to help prevent sore muscles
- Apply (diluted) to sore muscles after your run or workout
- Diffuse to help support your respiratory tract
- Calm moodiness by diffusing or wearing on diffusing jewelry
- Soothe tension headaches by diffusing or diluting and applying to your neck and temples
- Add to Epsom salts or caster oil into a hot bath to help invigorate your senses and soothe your muscles
- Drip a few drops onto a wash cloth and leave at the bottom of your shower to allow the steam to carry the oil throughout your shower experience (perfect for when you wake up and need some extra energy)
- Add to an essential oil inhaler to keep with you when you need it on the go
- Add 10 drops Raven essential oil blend to a roller bottle and fill the rest of the way with your favorite carrier oil to keep with you while your out and about… perfect for applying topically, or sniffing.
- Diffuse to brighten up musty smelling rooms
- Add to your favorite lotion to apply to your feet to help freshen up tired feeling feet
- Diffuse while you’re working to help give your mind a boost in focus, clarity, and energy
- Diffuse before doing yoga or any high intensity workout (like HIIT) to invigorate your senses and open up your lungs
- Enhance your dreams and quality of sleep by diffusing while you sleep
- Add to a hot compress, and leave on your chest when feeling congested
- Dilute with your favorite carrier oil and apply to your chest to use as a homemade vapor rub
How to use Raven Essential Oil Blend Safely
Raven essential oil blend, like all essential oils, comes highly concentrated and must be handled with care.
How to Use Raven Essential Oil Blend Aromatically
To use raven essential oil aromatically, drip a few drops into your favorite diffuser or onto your favorite diffusing jewelry.
To safely diffuse Raven essential oil blend in a diffuser:
If you’re new to essential oils, please start slow. Keep the mantra in mind that “less is more” when it comes to essential oils. You really only need a few drops, especially using potent, high quality oils like Raven.
Most diffusers recommend diffusing 8-10 drops as per their user guide. I’ll be the first to tell you that is WAY TOO MUCH. If you put too much oil in your diffuser, you could end up with headaches, nausea, or just not feeling right, and will ruin the experience for you.
You really only need about 4 drops of Raven essential oil blend for a 10 ft x10 ft room. The only time I ever use more than 8 drops is in our large vaulted ceiling living room of our home with an open floor plan. My husband’s office is the standard bedroom size, and only requires 2-3 drops to fill his office.
Diffuse for 10-20 minutes and see how you feel. Slowly work your way up if you choose to… but for starters that will be enough.
Safely diffuse Raven essential oil blend in diffusing jewelry:
Wearing diffusing jewelry can be a lot of fun and is a great way to take your oils with you anywhere, without needing a diffuser or worrying about interrupting anyone nearby with oils floating in the air.
You can use any porous stone (like Lava), leather, or felt. Personally, I love using the locket style necklaces with a piece of felt inside of them. I usually use 2-3 drops, and that lasts me 3-4 days.
How To Safely Use Raven Essential Oil Blend Topically
Raven essential oil blend, like all essential oils, is highly concentrated. This means you should not use it neat (undiluted) on your skin. Ever.
I always recommend our members dilute 1 drop of essential oil to 1ml carrier oil. This is approximately 5 drops essential oil per tea spoon of carrier oil.
A carrier oil is any cold pressed seed-based oil… like coconut oil, sweet almond oil, red raspberry seed oil. grapeseed oil, olive oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil… etc. My personal favorite is grapeseed oil.
You can mix them in your hand and massage where you want them, add them to your favorite massage oil to keep on hand for easy access later, or place them into a roller bottle for convenience. We typically dilute as we need it or have some in a pre-made roller bottle.
To make your own roller bottle, add one drop of raven essential oil per ml, then fill the rest of the way up with your favorite carrier oil, and securely apply the top. I always suggest adding the essential oil before the carrier oil so that they blend together easier. Otherwise you might not have them mix thoroughly.
DIY Copy-Cat Raven Essential Oil Blend
While you can DIY an approximate version of the Raven Essential Oil blend, the recipe won’t be exact because we are relying on our senses of smell and not the actual proprietary recipe Young Living makes. You can recreate nearly any essential oil blend with a little patience and the same oils in the ingredients list.
The closest recipe to DIY Raven that I’ve found and used is:
- 35 drops Ravensara
- 30 drops Eucalyptus
- 20 drops Lemon
- 10 drops Peppermint
- 8 drops Wintergreen
To fill a 15 ml bottle, you may double the recipe (I always recommend reusing old essential oil bottles that have been boiled and cleaned to reduce waste and save money). Or you can add this recipe to a 10 ml roller bottle filled the rest of the way with your favorite carrier oil.
Need empty bottles? You can order them from any bottle supply shop that offers essential oil bottles, or even off of Amazon. Personally, we save our old essential oil bottles, remove the labels, and reuse the bottles. To reuse your bottles, ensure they are clean by soaking the empty bottle disassembled, and boil it for at least 15 minutes. Then let dry.
Frequently Asked Questions about Raven Essential Oil Blend
Can you diffuse Raven Essential Oil Blend?
Yes. You may find raven essential oil beneficial and particularly soothing to your throat and lungs to use in a diffuser. Just make sure you start out slow and work your way up.
Is Raven Essential Oil Blend safe for Pregnancy?
Please consult with your midwife, doctor, or pharmacist before using this essential oil while pregnant.
Personally, while I was pregnant, I avoided all oils with peppermint and wintergreen in them… and I recommend the same to my customers and team members. I do know women who have used Raven during pregnancy with no issues.
Is Raven Essential Oil Blend safe for Babies or Toddlers?
I do not recommend Raven essential oil blend for babies or toddlers. The youngest I feel comfortable diffusing small amounts nearby are children over 6. The youngest I feel comfortable using Raven topically on are children over 9.
Please consult with an herbalist, aromatherapist, or your pharmacist before using Raven or any oil with wintergreen in it on children.
Is Raven Essential Oil Blend safe for Dogs?
Typically, yes… in small amounts. Just be sure when you diffuse that your dog has the ability to leave the room. If your dog is the type that won’t leave your side no matter what, then apply topically to yourself and see how s/he responds. Diffusing a little at a time should be ok, just be sure to watch out for any warning signs… like excessive salivating, changes in behavior, unusual lethargy… etc.
Is Raven Essential Oil Blend safe for Cats?
Cats have a very difficult time with processing oils, especially citrus oils. Raven is truly pure essential oil, so you won’t have to worry about any additives. If you choose to diffuse and have cats, please make sure you are diffusing in a well ventilated room, and the cat has the ability to go to a different room that doesn’t have a diffuser running. They need to be able to escape to somewhere safe in case the oil becomes too much for them.
Raven Essential Oil Blend VS RC Essential Oil Blend… What’s the difference?
Raven essential oil blend and RC essential oil blend are considered comparable and comparable oils. They both serve similar purposes, and can be used as substitutes for each other.
Can you ingest raven essential oil blend?
I highly recommend against ingesting anything containing wintergreen essential oil. Please consult with a certified aromatherapist.
Should you use Raven essential oil blend if you’re taking medication?
This is a very personal question, and really depend on which medications you’re taking. I have an entire article dedicated to known medication contraindications that I highly recommend you check out… in addition to having a lengthy conversation with your local aromatherapist or pharmacist.
How often should you use Raven essential oil?
This is also a personal preference opinion. I highly recommend if you’re new to using essential oils and diffusing, to only diffuse 30 mins at a time and giving your body an hour break. My family tends to use the intermittent setting on our diffuser and diffuse throughout the day. Please check out our article about diffusing essential oils safely for more info.
To use it topically, be sure to dilute first. I recommend diluting 1 ml (or a tsp) of carrier oil. As for how often, really that depends on how often you need it. Once an hour should be fine, though I wouldn’t apply more than that. Once a day is ok.
Have a question not asked?
Please feel welcome to submit your questions on this form. We will email you as soon as possible with our answer, and with your consent may share your question on our page.
Where can you find Raven Essential Oil Blend?
Raven essential oil blend is an exclusive blend offered by Young Living. You can only find this online through Young Living’s website. Some counterfeit oils may be found on Amazon, but won’t have the same effect and may not even be Young Living oils at all (just a quick buyer beware… lots of dishonest things happen on Amazon with essential oils).
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. RC is a proprietary blend, formulated by Young Living, and also offered in their Premium Starter Kit that features essential oils.
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share. Be sure to comment below to tell me your favorite use for RC essential oil! Commenting helps me know which posts are your favorites, so I can make more posts like it.