DiGize essential oils blend is a unique blend consisting of peppermint, lemongrass, juniper, patchouli, fennel, tarragon, and anise essential oils. It was designed support to your entire digestive system.
What essential oils are in DiGize essential oil blend?
DiGize is an essential oil blend containing 8 essential oils with specific digestive system support benefits:
- Peppermint Essential Oil – Peppermint essential oil supports your body through normal digestion, promotes healthy intestinal function and gastrointestinal system comforts, and supports your bowels
- Lemongrass Essential Oil – Lemongrass essential oil helps improve your blood circulation, and wakes up your lymphatic system, increasing oxygen flow. It supports your body’s digestive system using the naturally occurring constituent germinal (you may want to google that one).
- Juniper Essential Oil – Juniper Essential Oil may help support your body with detoxifying your liver and for its kidney cleansing abilities. It is also supportive to the urinary system.
- Patchouli Essential Oil – Patchouli essential oil has a sedating aroma that may help your body expel toxins.
- Ginger Essential Oil – Ginger essential oil is supportive throughout your digestive system. Its warm, spicy aroma soothes, comforts, and balances digestive discomfort. Because of its soothing and calming nature, it may reduce occasional nausea.
- Fennel Essential Oil – Fennel essential oil has documented benefits dating back to the ancient Egyptians. It is stimulating to the circulatory, glandular, respiratory, and digestive systems. It specifically helps the digestive tract by supporting your liver.
- Tarragon Essential Oil – Tarragon Essential Oil is a digestive stimulant. It helps reduce flatulence, calms nervous digestion, and reduces emotional cravings.
- Anise – Anise is used to calm and strengthen your digestive system.
10 Ways to use DiGize Essential Oil Blend:
- Add a drop to a ml of carrier oil and apply to your abdomen (ladies) to support feelings of well-being during women’s natural cycles and soothe menstrual cramps.
- Create your own DiGize roller blend mixing 1 drop per ml and adding to a metal topped roller bottle to keep on hand for when you need it.
- Dilute and rub over your abdomen for soothing digestive upset.
- Dilute and massage over your abdomen for helping move along constipation
- For pregnant mamas, heavily dilute (one drop per 5ml carrier oil) and apply to ear lobes for morning sickness
- Apply DiGize diluted to the arches of your feet to help soothe digestive discomforts
- Settle your stomach after too much Halloween candy
- Dilute and rub over your abdomen to soothe occasional nausea
- Add a drop or two of DiGize vitality into an empty pill capsule, fill the rest of the way with olive or avocado oil, top it, and take the Digize Vitality pill to help support healthy digestion (optimal if you don’t like the smell but need the benefits)
- Some people have had great results using a drop of DiGize under their tongue. I promote diluting first.
DIY CopyCat Digize Essential Oil Blend
While this blend isn’t 100% the same because DiGize is a proprietary essential oil blend, the closest DIY recipe we have tried includes:
- 30 drops Anise essential oil
- 10 drops Tarragon essential oil
- 9 drops Ginger essential oil
- 9 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 9 drops Fennel essential oil
- 9 drops Lemongrass essential oil
- 4 drops Patchouli essential oil
- 4 drops Juniper essential oil
Add your essential oils to a 5 ml empty bottle to use as a concentrated blend.
Add your essential oils to a 10 or 15 ml empty bottle, and fill the rest of the way with your favorite carrier oil to use as a roller blend
Safety Info for using DiGize Essential Oil blend
- Be sure to dilute with a carrier oil.
- Do not apply to babies or small children under 6.
- Like ALL essential oils, keep out of reach of children so they don’t accidentally swallow it.
- Do not give DiGize (or any essential oil) to your child to consume orally
- Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes.
- If you are taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use.
- Do not store above room temperature.
DiGize essential oil blend is NOT a pre-diluted essential oil blend, so please be sure to dilute this oil before applying it to your skin topically.
I highly recommend using 1 drop of essential oil to 1 ml of carrier oil. A little goes a very long way. If you’re wanting to use this blend on children under 12, please blend 1 drop of essential oil to 5 ml (or 1 tsp) of your favorite carrier oil.
Some people’s skin are more sensitive than others. If you experience a skin reaction, add more carrier oil (NOT WATER).
Children under 6 should not use DiGize essential oil blend. There is a special oil similar to DiGize specifically designed for kids. Please check out the KidScents TummyGize essential oil blend to use on kids over 2. If you need tummy help for younger babies and toddlers, use lavender or frankincense diluted 1 drop to 5ml (1 tsp) of carrier oil.
If you are taking prescription medications, please consult with your pharmacist prior to taking Digize. Use DiGize essential oil blend cautiously or avoided it if you are taking certain medications, specifically:
- Diabetic Medication
- Calcium Channel Blockers
Always store your oils in cool dark places that do not get warmer than room temperature. I keep mine on a shelf in a linen closet in our hallway.
Anyone enduring a gut-healing protocol, body cleanse, or candida cleanse should keep DiGize essential oil pre-diluted in a dark-colored bottle.
Frequently Asked Questions about DiGize Essential Oil Blend
Is DiGize essential oil blend safe to use while pregnant?
I don’t typically recommend DiGize for pregnant women, though I know many who have used it while pregnant with great success. Both times I was pregnant, DiGize ended up being way too pungent of an essential oil blend for me that smelling it ended up being an unpleasant experience.
Personally, I’d rather use spearmint and lemon essential oils or the TummyGize essential oil blend.
If you’re using oils while pregnant, I highly recommend this reference guide. It contains some great advice for using essential oils while pregnant, plus some DIY Recipes you’ll love too.
Is DiGize essential oil blend safe for kids and babies?
No, not really. Most the oils in DiGize are not recommended for kids under 6. Instead, the TummyGize essential oil blend is much better for children.
Is DiGize essential oil blend safe for dogs and cats?
DiGize essential oil blend is generally safe to use with animals. I personally don’t use them with ours because its not a normal blend we would need for our dogs.
If you’re using essential oils around your family pets, be sure to allow them access out of the room and into a room where you’re not diffusing. This way they’re able to escape when they feel they’ve had enough. Please also consider picking up a reference guide specific to using essential oils with animals.
Can you diffuse DiGize Essential Oil Blend?
Yes, you may. Personally, DiGize somewhat reminds me of licorice, which I’m personally not a big fan of, so we don’t. But you may if you like it. Or you can do what we do and just use it topically or ingesting it safely.
What is the difference between DiGize and DiGize Vitality Essential Oil Blend?
Absolutely nothing aside from the label printed. They are 100% the exact same oil the may be used in the exact same ways interchangeably. Young Living adopted the Vitality label in 2015 to remain legal with the FDA and FTC’s marketing requirements that state a supplement cannot be labeled as topical and oral at the same time.
This means legally, you cannot discuss using an essential oil in your cooking, baking, drinks, or any oral supplement form if it is the same bottle you’re discussing using in your diffuser or topically on your skin.
To reduce confusion and stay in the eyes in the law, Young Living separated their labels to compliantly discuss all the benefits essential oils can provide in all use capacities.
Should you use DiGize essential oil blend if you’re taking medication?
This is a very personal question, and really depend on which medications you’re taking. I have an entire article dedicated to known medication contraindications that I highly recommend you check out… in addition to having a lengthy conversation with your local aromatherapist or pharmacist.
How often should you use DiGize essential oil blend?
This is also a personal question. This depends on what you’re using it for and how experienced you are using it.
I personally do not enjoy the aroma of DiGize, so we only use it topically, diluted 1 drop to at least 1 ml carrier oil, as needed.
What is the difference between DiGize and TummyGize essential oil blends?
DiGize consists of tarragon, ginger, peppermint, juniper, fennel, anise, patchouli, and lemongrass essential oils.
TummyGize consists of spearmint, peppermint, tangerine, fennel, anise, ginger, and cardamom essential oils pre-diluted in a base of coconut oil.
Both of these blends are designed to help sooth and help regulate your body’s digestion. TummyGize is more designed to use for children.
Personally, I like TummyGize better for my own use as well, just because I’m not a big fan of DiGize’s smell. No doubt about it though… both work exceptionally well for what their intended for.
What is the difference between Young Living’s DiGize and doTERRA’s DigestZen?
DiGize consists of tarragon, ginger, peppermint, juniper, fennel, anise, patchouli, and lemongrass essential oils.
DigestZen consists of anise, peppermint, ginger, caraway, coriander, tarragon, and fennel Seed essential oils.
Both oils somewhat remind me of licorice, which I’m personally not a big fan of. Both work very well for their intended use. Make no mistake, if you have some tummy troubles, these oils will help sooth that out and help you move on with your day.
Don’t see an answer to the question you have about DiGize essential oil blend?
Have a question you don’t see? You’re welcome to ask in the comments or fill out this form to ask anonymously.
Where to find DiGize Essential Oil
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach.
Warning: DO NOT purchase your oils through Amazon or similar websites!
Any website that allows anyone to sell on, such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart… etc… are terrible places to purchase essential oils. While you may get a “good deal,” knowing who you’re purchasing from is difficult. There are many counterfeit essential oils being sold that are causing health ailments, major skin reactions, and a lot of misery. These are NOT high quality essential oils. They are fakes being sold purely for profit.
I also do NOT recommend purchasing from grocery stores, Walmart, Target, department stores, or drug stores. Many of the brands found at those stores have been proven to not actually contain any essential oil (which is perfectly legal to do).
I STRONGLY suggest you know the company that makes your oils, how the plants are cared for, what they do for distilling, how and how many times each batch is tested (and when), and their bottling processes. Many companies throw out fancy language for marketing purposes, but actually have no clue how their oils are made because the oils come from a broker (which are almost always diluted in solvents). Transparency is key.
I highly encourage you to check out our How To Find Quality Essential Oils post for in-depth information about why quality matters, and what to look for.
Where we purchase our essential oils, and why
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. This company has proven to me time and time again to be the closest thing out there to buying from your local farmer. They are totally transparent in their processes, and even open their farms so you can see for yourself (or involve yourself in the process).
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices!
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.