Purification essential oil blend is our go-to oil for anything smelly and buggy. Its fresh scent is so pleasant and has such versatile abilities that it belongs in any essential oil lover’s oil collection.
- What is in Purification Essential Oil Blend?
- Ways to Use Purification
- Make Your Own DIY Purification Blend
- Frequently Asked Questions about Purification Essential Oil Blend
- What is the doTERRA equivalent to Young Living’s Purification Essential Oil Blend? What is the difference?
- Is Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil safe to use while pregnant?
- Is Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil safe for kids and babies?
- Is Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil safe for dogs and cats?
- Don’t see an answer to the question you have about Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil?
- Where to Buy Purification Essential Oil Blend
What is in Purification Essential Oil Blend?
It contains citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, tea tree, lavandin, and myrtle essential oils.
- Citronella– a key essential oil for repelling bugs, including mosquitos. In fact the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) classifies it as a “biopesticide with a non-toxic mode of action.”
- Lemongrass– helps support your circulatory system by improving blood circulation, increasing oxygen flow. It stimulates your lymphatic system and supports your thyroid and adrenal glands.
- Rosemary may help balance your heart’s functioning, energizes your solar plexus, reduce mental fatigue, stimulate your nervous system, and improve your blood circulation.
- Tea Tree may help you heart and cleanse your blood. It supports your liver and kidneys in detoxifying your blood, and boosts your immune system. It supports your skin to look and be healthy. Tea tree essential oil is also known for its cleansing and cleaning abilities outside of your body too.
- Lavandin is both relaxing and cleansing to your body and your surrounding environment.
- Myrtle supports your respiratory system with its cleansing properties and by helping to improve oxygenation.
Ways to Use Purification
- Diffuse to make the room smell fresh and clean.
- Diffuse to cleanse your body and home.
- Place a few drops onto cotton balls and place in air vents as an insect repellent and room deodorizer. — This is also great for deodorizing your car too!
- Mix with baking soda and sprinkle on the floor to clean and deodorize carpet, then vacuum.
- Add to paint to reduce paint fumes while painting (and after).
- Make your own DIY Purification Spray: add a few drops Purification essential oil blend with 1 part witch hazel 3 parts water in a spray bottle, shake and spray to use as a nontoxic bug spray.
- Add a drop of Purification to your skin care products or dilute and apply to breakout areas to help support healthy skin.
- Add a few drops to a cotton ball and place in the toes of your shoes to freshen stinky shoes (perfect for husbands and teenagers too!).
- Add a few drops in vinegar to your laundry‘s rinse cycle as a nontoxic fabric softener.
- Add a few drops to dryer balls (like these) to freshen your laundry’s scent.
- Add a 30 drops of Purification, 20 drops of Tangerine, and 25 drops of Abundance Essential Oil Blend to a spray bottle of water, shake and spray to freshen linens, curtains, and carpets.
- We used this spray on our old house before showing it. It sold for full price in less than a week of listing!
- Add a few drops to a mason jar of water and let sit to clean stinky mason jars (especially after brewing kefir, sauerkraut, pickles, or other fermented foods).
- DIY Your own Outdoor Spray: 8oz glass bottle, 6oz witch hazel, 1 cap of Thieves Cleaner, 10 drops purification essential oil blend, 10 drops each of peppermint and citronella essential oils, and 5 drops each of rosemary and kunzea essential oils
Make Your Own DIY Purification Blend
DIY Purification Copy Cat Blend
- 50 drops Lemon
- 40 drops Rosemary
- 40 drops Tea Tree
- 30 drops Lavender
- 30 drops Citronella
- 20 drops Myrtle
Add your essential oils listed above to a 15 ml glass bottle to use in a diffuser or in other DIY recipes like bug sprays, room sprays, lotions, or ointments.
DIY Purification Roller Bottle
- 5 drops lemon
- 4 drops rosemary
- 4 drops tea tree
- 3 drops lavender
- 3 drops citronella
- 2 drops myrtle
Then filling the roller bottle the rest of the way up with your favorite carrier oil.
DIY Purification Spray
- 25 drops Lemon
- 20 drops Rosemary
- 20 drops Tea Tree
- 15 drops Lavender
- 15 drops Citronella
- 10 drops Myrtle
Frequently Asked Questions about Purification Essential Oil Blend
Here is our collection of the questions we are asked the most about the Purification Essential Oil blend:
What is the doTERRA equivalent to Young Living’s Purification Essential Oil Blend? What is the difference?
doTERRA’s equivalent to Young Living’s Purification Essential Oil blend is their Purify Essential Oil Blend.
Purification contains citronella, lemongrass, rosemary, tea tree, lavandin, and myrtle essential oils.
Purify contains lemon peel, Siberian fir needle, citronella, lime peel, tea tree, and cilantro essential oils.
They are slightly different, though both work very similarly with helping ditch gross smells and toxic air fresheners.
Is Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil safe to use while pregnant?
Yes. Generally Purification Essential Oil Blend is considered safe to use while you’re pregnant.
If you’re using oils while pregnant, I highly recommend this reference guide. It contains some great advice for using essential oils while pregnant, plus some DIY Recipes you’ll love too.
Is Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil safe for kids and babies?
Generally, yes. Though I do highly recommend only using lavender and frankincense on or around newborns.
Is Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil safe for dogs and cats?
Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil is safe to use with your dogs and cats, and may help provide many benefits.
If you’re using essential oils around your family pets, be sure to allow them access out of the room and into a room where you’re not diffusing. This way they’re able to escape when they feel they’ve had enough. Please also consider picking up a reference guide specific to using essential oils with animals.
Don’t see an answer to the question you have about Purification Essential Oil Blend essential oil?
Have a question you don’t see? You’re welcome to ask in the comments or fill out this form to ask anonymously.
Where to Buy Purification Essential Oil Blend
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach.
Warning: DO NOT purchase your oils through Amazon or similar websites!
Any website that allows anyone to sell on, such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart… etc… are terrible places to purchase essential oils. While you may get a “good deal,” knowing who you’re purchasing from is difficult. There are many counterfeit essential oils being sold that are causing health ailments, major skin reactions, and a lot of misery. These are NOT high quality essential oils. They are fakes being sold purely for profit.
I STRONGLY suggest you know the company that makes your oils, how the plants are cared for, what they do for distilling, how and how many times each batch is tested (and when), and their bottling processes. Many companies throw out fancy language for marketing purposes, but actually have no clue how their oils are made because the oils come from a broker (which are almost always diluted in solvents). Transparency is key.
I highly encourage you to check out our How To Find Quality Essential Oils post for in-depth information about why quality matters, and what to look for.
Where we purchase our Purification essential oil, and why
Purification essential oil blend is exclusively produced by Young Living.
We purchase our oils through Young Living because they set a higher standard for essential oils than what the rest of the industry expects. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched, and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. This company has proven to me time and time again to be the closest thing out there to buying from your local farmer. They are totally transparent in their processes, and even open their farms so you can see for yourself (or involve yourself in the process).
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email class, to learn the basics.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices!
Thank you for reading! Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.