Quick and convenient, Thieves Spray is a portable essential oil spray ideal for cleaning small surfaces. Just one small spray freshens counters, sinks, door handles, toilets, and more using only naturally derived, plant-based ingredients and the powerful spicy citrus scent of Thieves essential oil blend.
Safe to use with children and the perfect size to throw in a purse, backpack, or luggage, a bottle of Thieves Spray is ideal to keep with you wherever you go!
Benefits and Features:
- Naturally derived, plant-based ingredients quickly clean and freshens surfaces.
- No rinsing required.
- Small, portable size makes it easy to throw in a purse, backpack, or luggage.
- Perfect for use on many different surfaces, including counters, sinks, toilets, and door handles.
- Safe to use around your whole family, including children and pets.
Ways to Use Thieves Spray
We love using Thieves Spray on:
- Light switches
- Kitchen sinks
- Door knobs
- Public toilet seats (really any touchable surface in public bathrooms)
- Bathroom counters (I keep it handy in our home bathrooms because the bottle won't break if my kids knock it over or “accidentally” throw it)
- Freshen up smelly shoes
- Freshen up gym or sports bags
- Spray and wipe Grocery carts
- Restaurant tables, chairs, and booster seats
- Steering wheels
- Cell phone case
- Cleaning toys
- Cleaning air plane seats, armrests, and food trays
- Freshen car seats, strollers, and baby carriers (just make sure it is dry and wiped before setting your child in them)
- Clean hotel room surfaces
- Use as a hotel room linen spray
- Use as a room spray to combat odors or musty smells
- Any touchable surface when at the doctor's office, urgent care, or the hospital
- Spray it on your pumpkins (carved or not) to help them keep longer
- And more!
Thieves Spray is safe to use on most non-porous surfaces. This includes stainless steel, tile, glass, varnished wood surfaces, and more.
Where you shouldn't use Thieves Spray
Surfaces such as granite and marble are not always non-porous and should be tested in an inconspicuous area first.
We recommend not using Thieves Spray on vinyl or soft plastic.
Thieves Spray is not recommended to be used on or in the body. It was created to clean surfaces such as kitchen counters, public seating, door handles, etc. For cleaning skin with the benefits of Thieves, we recommend using Thieves Cleansing Soap, Thieves Foaming Hand Soap, or DIYing your own Thieves Spray (recipe below).
Thieves Spray Ingredients:
- Alcohol denat – Also known as denatured alcohol. In cosmetics is can function as an antifoaming agent, solvent, and viscosity decreasing agent. You can read more about this ingredient HERE.
- Caprylic/capric triglyceride – A mixed triester derived from coconut oil and glycerin. It comes in the form of an oily liquid and is sometimes mistakenly referred to as fractionated coconut oil. Functions: Caprylic mainly works as an emollient, dispersing agent and solvent.
- Eugenia caryophyllus (Clove) bud oil
- Citrus limon (Lemon) peel oil
- Cinnamomum zeylanicum (Cinnamon) bark oil
- Eucalyptus radiata (eucalyptus) leaf oil
- Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf oil
- Lecithin – has emulsification and lubricant properties, is a surfactant and is a good dispersing agent. This product is not indicated for ingestions but It can be totally metabolized by humans, so is well tolerated and non-toxic when ingested.
- Quillaja saponaria (soapbark) wood extract
DIY Thieves Spray Recipe
- 2 oz glass spray bottle
- Witch Hazel (unscented)
- Pinch of salt (we use extra-fine Himalayan pink salt)
- 15 drops of Thieves Essential Oil
In your spray bottle, add in your pinch of salt, a dash of witch hazel (roughly a tsp), and 15 drops of Thieves essential oil blend. Then fill the rest of the way with water. Shake and spray.
This blend is much more friendly to your skin, but if you plan to use it on your skin, I'd suggest also adding a tsp of aloe.
Additional uses for your DIY Thieves Spray
- Use as a numbing throat spray
- Freshen your breath spray
- Spray on your hands or feet
Where can you find Thieves Spray?
Thieves spray is exclusive to Young Living. It is part of the Thieves cleaning line, and a useful little bottle to keep on hand, in your bag, purse, or diaper bag.
Thieves Spray Online Purchasing Warning!!
Young Living is the creator of Thieves Spray and does NOT allow the sales of their products on third-party websites, such as Amazon, Walmart, eBay… etc… this is because there have been MANY counterfeit products being sold on those platforms (and others) that some people have become sick from. Please do not purchase any Young Living product from those types of websites, and instead, go through a qualified representative on Young Living's website.
Young Living cannot guarantee the purity or quality of any product not sold through the Young Living website or qualified retail partner stores.
Why Young Living?
After spending several years comparing essential oil brands, personal care products, and “safe cleaners” to see which would work best for our family, we settled on purchasing everything through Young Living because they felt the best to use.
I love how they set a higher industry standard for farming and distilling essential oils than what the rest of the industry practices. Their Seed to Seal guarantee is unmatched and shows their dedication to a farm-to-table type of approach. They do not use any synthetic or harmful chemicals in any process of creating ALL of their products. As an advocate for creating a healthier home, this was the ONLY cleaning brand I've found to actually work the way I would expect a cleaner to while also not using any harmful or questionable ingredients.
When going through the healing phase of my chronic health journey, Young Living oils worked the best on my body, and their cleaners didn't cause adverse effects… something HUGE for me.
If you’re not yet a member with Young Living, please consider investing in yourself. You won’t regret it. Thieves Spray is one of the products available to you in the Thieves Premium Starter Kit.
Thieves Spray comes in a variety of sizes and quantities:
- Thieves Spray 1 oz (product number 3265): $12.17 USD retail cost, or $9.25 USD wholesale cost
- Thieves Spray 3 pk (product number 3266): $32.24 USD retail cost, $24.50USD wholesale cost
You also will receive 2 Thieves Spray in your order of the Thieves Essential Rewards kit or your Thieves Premium Starter Kit. (There is a slight difference between the Thieves ER kit and the Thieves PSK)
More articles related to Thieves Spray:
- Thieves Cleaning Supplies, Kits, and Reviews
- Thieves Essential Oil – uses, tips, tricks, ingredients, and safety info
- Thieves featured in your Premium Starter Kit
- 55 Ways to use this safe, non-toxic cleaner
- Is your home toxic?
Please let us know in the comments… Did this post help you? Have you purchased your own Thieves Cleaning Supplies yet? What is your favorite use for Thieves spray? What questions do you have? We would love to hear about it!
P.S. To receive more tips, tricks, recipes, and other essential oil fun, be sure to scroll down and sign up for our free oily newsletter!