Do you suffer from dry skin that just won't seem to go away? If so, making a DIY face serum for your dry skin may be the solution you're looking for! With the right ingredients, you can make a glow serum that will provide your skin with the natural nourishment it needs to stay hydrated and look healthy with a youthful glow. This DIY Glow Serum is quick and easy to make, requires minimal effort, and brings luxurious benefits to your skin.
The best part: avoiding harmful additives found in most skincare.
DIY Glow Serum Recipe (Ingredients & Instruction)
In a 2oz dropper bottle, add the following:
- 25 Drops Blue Tansy
- 25 Drops Geranium
- 25 Drops Frankincense
- 15 Drops Patchouli
- 10 Drops Myrrh
- 10 Drops Sandalwood
- 5 Drops Rose
Fill your bottle the rest of the way with jojoba oil or another carrier oil if desired.
A carrier oil can be any cold-pressed, seed-based oil (ideally organic and unrefined). This includes most cooking oil, like coconut oil, avocado oil, and olive oil. Personally, we LOVE using sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, and the V6 Carrier oil (made by Young Living). This is the best way to dilute your essential oils for topical use.
Please note… the blue tansy gives your skin a slight “smurf effect,” but it will be gone by morning!
About The Oils In This Glow Serum Recipe:
These oils are amazing for helping keep you looking youthful and giving your skin a dewy glow.
- Blue Tansy – is renowned for its skin-calming and soothing properties, which may help reduce redness and irritation. It also holds antioxidant properties that may protect your skin from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Additionally, blue tansy essential oil is known to be highly moisturizing and can help improve the appearance of dull, dry skin.
- Geranium – contains astringent properties that help to tighten and tone your skin. It also can help reduce blemishes, acne, and environmental damage.
- Frankincense – may help to improve the appearance and feel of the skin with its astringent properties.
- Patchouli - may help with dryness and flakiness by restoring the natural oils in the skin. Additionally, patchouli has been shown to promote collagen production for increased elasticity and firmness. Furthermore, this oil can reduce redness and irritation.
- Myrrh – may improve cell regeneration and improving the elasticity of the skin, thus reducing signs of aging. It is especially helpful in soothing dry and cracked skin.
- Sandalwood – may help improve the appearance and texture of the skin by reducing signs of aging, reducing blemishes, calming redness, and promoting an even tone.
- Rose - is a powerful moisturizer that penetrates deep into your skin, helping to improve elasticity, reduce dryness, and act as an astringent to help to tighten pores and refine your skin texture.
Don't have what you need? This is my favorite pre-made alternative to the Glow Serum.
More DIY Skincare Recipes You Won't Want To Miss
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it with your friends and on your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES to hear about your personal experiences and wins using essential oils.
Don't miss out on free essential oils, discounts on essential oil-infused household products, and healthy lifestyle coaching! Join our membership today for product discounts, group support, and complimentary coaching. Or take our complimentary online, self-paced introduction to essential oils course.
Looking for more info about essential oils and adopting a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out our Healthy Home online course for tips on how to identify and replace common harmful products from your home.