With so much wisdom in the Bible, many people are surprised to realize that there is also info in there about romantic endeavors. Chapter 7 of the Book of Proverbs is no exception and inspires this DIY Proverbs Linen Spray recipe.
I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.Proverbs 7:17
What I love about this verse is the anthropological aspect, reading about the culture back then, and having a curious mind to experience similar aromatics discussed. And in this verse, I wanted to know why was it a big deal for her to mention her bed was perfumed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
While this verse in context tells a story of a prostitute luring men into her bed while her husband was out of town, we do not suggest or approve of immoral or potentially dangerous behavior.
About The Ingredients
Sandalwood has a deep woodsy aroma, with similarities to the aloes mentioned in the Bible. It's a well-known aphrodisiac with cleansing properties that also improves focus. We chose sandalwood because its properties and overall aroma are similar to aloes, and finding true aloes is very difficult, extremely expensive, and inconsistent in its aromatic profile. (Learn more about sandalwood oil)
The myrrh mentioned in the bible is a stacte resin, meaning it helps to hold other incense ingredients together. The oil is very similar, blending well with other oils. Its relaxing and cleansing aroma creates an environment that melts stress and increases confidence. (Learn more about myrrh oil)
Cinnamon has a bold, spicy aroma and it was used in the Holy Anointing Oil. It's a warming oil, and like sandalwood, also has properties that improve the libido for both men and women. (Learn more about cinnamon oil)
** PLEASE NOTE ** Don't be fooled by clever marketing. Not all essential oils are created equally. Make sure you're not wasting your money on fake or altered essential oils (even if they're labeled as “pure essential oil”). Don't miss our explosive report outlining the dirty little secrets of the essential oil industry to ensure you're not wasting your money on brands of oils that legally mislead you through deceitful marketing practices.
These oils are mixed in a base of witch hazel and water.
The witch hazel helps to keep the essential oils in solution with the water, because oil and water don’t mix well. If you don’t have witch hazel on hand, you can also substitute high-proof clear alcohol like vodka or Everclear.
DIY Proverbs Linen Spray Recipe
- 1/2 cup witch hazel (or make DIY witch hazel using these instructions)
- 1/2 cup water
- Proverbs 7 Essential Oil Blend: 6 drops each of Myrrh, Sandalwood, and Cinnamon essential oils
- In a glass bottle, stir the water and witch hazel together.
- Then add essential oils.
- Shake gently before each use, and spray on linen as desired.
- This mixture will keep at room temperature (out of reach of children) for several months.
How To Use This Homemade Proverbs Linen Spray
- Spray your homemade proverbs linen spray directly on your be linens
- Spritz your Proverbs-inspired linen spray on your curtains, carpet, or fabric furniture to act as a passive diffuser
- Spray your linen spray around the house to use as an air freshener
- Use your Proverbs linen spray as a perfume, spraying your clothes
- Add it to your laundry's dryer balls to infuse your Proverbs 7 essential oil blend onto your clothes
- Add a tsp of aloe vera to make a personal perfume you can use on your skin
Need More Linen Spray Ideas?
DIY Proverbs Linen Spray With 3 Oils To Inspire Romance
DIY Calming Lavender Bedtime Linen Spray
DIY Anti-Monster Spray for Kids
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it with your friends and on your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES to hear about your personal experiences and wins using essential oils.
Don't miss out on free essential oils, discounts on essential oil-infused household products, and healthy lifestyle coaching! Join our membership today for product discounts, group support, and complimentary coaching. Or take our complimentary online, self-paced introduction to essential oils course.
Looking for more info about essential oils and adopting a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out our Healthy Home online course for tips on how to identify and replace common harmful products from your home.