Orange essential oil brings a peaceful and happy atmosphere when used. It helps your mind and body accept joy into your heart, providing additional emotional support to help you overcome moodiness, sadness, and overwhelm. It is rich in both monoterpines and d-limonene (you’ll want to click those links!).
Orange essential oil can be both calming and energizing, depending on what you blend it with, and is great for helping with boosting the health of your body’s cells, helping you with achieving and maintaining healthy weight, and helps with cleansing your air.
Relaxing diffuser blends:
- 3 drops each orange and lavender in your diffuser
- 2 drops orange, 1 drop roman chamomile, 2 drops tangerine, 1 drop ylang ylang, and 1 drop patchouli
- 2 drops each: orange, lavender, cedarwood
- 2 drops each: orange, lavender, black spruce
- 3 drops each: orange and patchouli
- 2 drops orange, 2 drops lavender, 1 drop clary sage, 1 drop geranium
- 3 drops lavender, 3 drops orange, 1 drop frankincense, and 1 drop spearmint
Energizing diffuser blends:
- 3 drops orange and 2 drops peppermint
- 1 drop orange, 2 drops lemon, 1 drop lime, 1 drop grapefruit, 1 drop spearmint
- 2 drops each of orange, bergamot, and lemon
- 3 drops orange, 2 drops rosemary, and 1 drop clove
DIY Multipurpose Cleaner: Take a clean 16oz spray bottle, add
Make Room Refreshing Spray by combining 20 drops each of lavender, cedar wood, tea tree, and orange essential oils in a 4oz spray bottle filled with distilled water and a couple pinches of salt. Shake, and spray on linens or around the room.
Calm down from stressful moments with a chill out blend of 1 drop bergamot, 1 drop lavender, and 2 drops orange. Diffuse or dilute with 5ml of a carrier oil of your choice and apply on the back of your neck.
** Please note that orange essential oil is a photosensitive oil. Avoid sunlight where you apply it on your skin for at least 12 hours.
Orange essential oil blends especially well with cinnamon, frankincense, geranium, juniper, lavender, nutmeg, and rosewood.
Premade essential oils blends that contain orange are available and include: Abundance, Awaken, Christmas Spirit, Citrus Fresh, Envision, Harmony, ImmuPro, Inner Child, Into the Future, Lady Sclerol, Longevity, Oola Balance, Oola Family, Oola Finance, Oola Friends, Oola Grow, Peace and Calming, and SARA
What is your favorite use for orange essential oil? Tell us in the comments!
You can also enjoy orange essential oil in a hand crafted lip balm over at Crystal’s Warrior Wellness shop
Did you find this post helpful? If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share.
P.S. If you are craving to learn more about how to use essential oils in your lifestyle, check out our membership page! We provide our members with access to our exclusive facebook group filled with fun information, recipes, DIY instructions, and answer non-medical questions. To learn more, head over to our Membership Page!