Moon Water is water that has been exposed to moonlight, and charged with intention. This is a fantastic way to intensify the moon cycles, along with their energies into your monthly routines.
- Benefits of Moon Water
- How to make Moon Water
- How to store your Moon Water
- 15+ inspirational ways to use your Moon Water
- Do you use Moon Water?
- Other articles you won’t want to miss:
Benefits of Moon Water
When you charge your water under the energy of the moon, whether full or new (or anywhere between), you enhance and intensify your relationship with the moon, along with all its subtle and not so subtle energy influence.
- Using Moon Water helps you adapt to the changing seasons
- Use diminishing moon and New Moon charged water to help you release all that no longer serves you
- Use the increasing moon and Full Moon charged water gaining mental clarity, expanding potential, and putting your intentions into action
- Moon Water helps you intensify your manifestation and lunar cycle routines
- Moon Water helps to cleanse and recharge your mind, body, soul, and home
Monthly Full Moon Names & Setting Intentions:
- January – Wolf Moon (also known as the Cold Moon or the Hunger Moon) – symbolically this moon calls you to assess the challenges you are facing, and how best to deal with them.
- February – Snow Moon or Quickening Moon – symbolically, this moon props us to learn to adapt to changing circumstances smoothly.
- March – Worm Moon (also known as the Crust Moon or the Sap Moon), and is the last full moon of Winter – This full moon is during typically roller coaster of a month with the emerging spring season, teaching us to be flexible.
- April – Pink Moon (also known as the Sprouting Grass Moon or the Egg Moon) – this full moon symbolizes fertility and how to indulge in reproductive activities responsibly.
- May – Flower Moon (also known as Corn Planting Moon or the Milk Moon) – This Flower Full Moon calls us to be mindful of our divine feminine nature, and is a reminder to experience and appreciate nature with spring in full bloom and summer coming on.
- June – Strawberry Moon (also called the Rose Moon or the Strong Sun Moon) – is a time where we should be diving further into our spiritual development journey.
- July – Buck Moon (also known as the Thunder Moon, Blessing Moon, Mead Moon, and the Hay Moon) – During these “dog days of summer,” you may be feeling lazy and low, but this full moon is intended to remind us to pay attention how you are progressing on your journey.
- August – Sturgeon Moon (also known as the Green Corn Moon or the Red Moon) – During this full moon, we are reminded to start preparing for winter when resources may be less bountiful.
- September – Corn Moon (also known as the Barley Moon or the Harvest Moon) – during this full moon, we usually reap the rewards of our hard work done in the past.
- October – Hunter’s Moon (also known as the Travel Moon, the Blood Moon, the Sanguine Moon, or the Dying Grass Moon) – this Full Moon symbolizes the need to store up your resources for lean times, further preparing for winter’s less bountiful resources.
- November – Beaver Moon (also known as the Mourning Moon, and the Full Frost Moon) – This full moon inspires a spiritually healing season in our lives.
- December – Cold Moon (also known as the Long Night Moon and the Oak Moon) – this Full moon is a great time to reflect on the past year, gratitude, and releasing negative phases through accepting the lessons learned.
How to make Moon Water
To make moon water, simply fill a glass container or bowl with filtered or drinking water, leave outside overnight in the moonlight with a closed lid (so critters don’t get in there), and done!
We personally choose to use large mason jars, which is what we also generally drink out of.
The moon can actually be in any phase, but each phase will give moon water different energetic properties.
* Please Note that we may potentially receive small commissions from purchases made through our links. For more info, see our disclaimer page.
How to store your Moon Water
I highly recommend using glass to store you moon water. This helps to ensure you don’t have to worry about any chemicals in plastic or coating metal leaching into your water.
Personally, we use Lifefactory glass water bottles for drinking, and mason jars for storing. Mason jars work especially well if you’re adding in crystals too.
15+ inspirational ways to use your Moon Water
- Use with your DIY skin care (works beautifully in our DIY face toner)
- Rinse your hair with your Moon Water to infuse the moon’s energy in with your hair
- Bless your finances by dripping your Moon Water on your wallet
- Use your Moon Water to mop your floors
- Add your Moon Water to properly dilute your house cleaner
- Drink your Moon Water by itself, or infused with your favorite water-safe crystal or fruit slices
- Heat and add your Moon Water to your Thieves Tea to drink as part of your wellness routine
- Use your Moon Water to make lavender lemonade to help you relax
- Cleanse your crystals with your Moon Water (only for crystals that are ok to be in water)
- Water your plants using Moon Water
- Create your own Moon Water Spray (recipe below)
- Enhance your meditation routine with your Moon Water
- Use your Moon Water in your essential oil diffuser
- Add it to your pet’s water bowl to help them with cleansing
- Add to a foot soak as part of your pedicure self care routine
DIY Meditative Moon Water Spray Recipe:
What you’ll need for your Moon Water Spray:
- A glass spray bottle (this are the glass bottles we use)
- Witch Hazel (we use this type of Witch Hazel)
- 4 drops Frankincense
- 3 drops Lavender
- 4 drops Palo Santo
- 4 drops Ylang Ylang
Add a splash of witch hazel to your glass spray bottle, add in your essential oils, and fill with moon water.
** PLEASE NOTE ** Don’t be fooled by clever marketing. Not all essential oils are created equally. Make sure you’re not wasting your money on fake essential oils, or oils diluted in questionable solvents (even if they’re labeled as “pure essential oil”). Don’t miss our complete guide on how to find quality pure essential oils to ensure you’re not wasting your money on brands of oils that legally carry out questionable or unethical practices and mislead you through deceitful marketing practices.
How to use your Moon Water Spray:
- Spray over your yoga mat to help cleanse it
- Spray on your bed to help inspire more intentional and restful sleep
- Spray anywhere you would like to practice meditation
- You may also spray all over your body for a calming effect
- Add to a warm bath, to indulge in self care
- Spray in your hair with your Moon Water Spray to infuse the moon’s energy in with your hair
- Bless your finances by spraying your Moon Spray on your wallet
- Use your Moon Water Spray as a beautifully fragrant room spray
- Make without the witch hazel to use in your diffuser
Enhance your meditation using Moon Water
Apply a drop of Moon Water on your 3rd Eye Chakra before entering in your meditation routine
If you’ve charged your Moon Water with a specific intention, focus on absorbing the light with that intent, while indulging in self care promoting peace and relaxation.
Moon Water Prayer
Sun of the night, mirror of the soul, bless this water within this bowl
May you see life, and a world of love. The moon has blessed you from above
Do you use Moon Water?
Comment below and let us know if you use Moon Water, and how you enjoy using it the most.
Other articles you won’t want to miss:
- Using essential oils for different moon phases
- How to use essential oils to enhance your yoga and meditation routines
- Pairing Essential Oils with Crystals
- Using essential oils in your self care routine
- Essential oils to attract abundance
- More articles about using essential oils in your spiritual growth journey
If you enjoyed this post, please comment below and share it with your friends and to your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later. Our website team LOVES to hear about your personal experiences and wins using essential oils.
Let’s Connect! You can find me on social media at:
Don’t miss out on free essential oils, discounts on essential oil-infused household products, and healthy lifestyle coaching! Join our membership today for product discounts and complimentary coaching!
Looking for more info about essential oils and adopting a healthier lifestyle? Be sure to check out our online courses over at www.essentialoils.life/shop/ or enroll in our free Intro to Essential Oils Email Class