You receive your Premium Starter Kit after an anticipated wait, and are thrilled to see and finally smell your 12 new oils. What an exciting moment! Then… a little overwhelm sets in. What are you supposed to do with these 12 oils?
While the blends are pretty simple to figure out, you know that there are a nearly infinite number of ways to use your individual oils. Diffuse. Dilute and use on your skin. Add to different culinary dishes. Where do you even start?
Feeling overwhelmed with what to do with your Premium Starter Kit oils?
I remember all too well receiving my first Premium Starter Kit back in 2014. Going through all of the oils was a bit overwhelming, especially after having just returned home from with a new baby, and was finally in a healing season from chronic autoimmune and neurological issues.
I absolutely LOVED the fact that we had every oil we need for a natural wellness toolkit, and finally found a nontoxic cleaning alternative for our home. But having them and actually using them are two very different things! While the oils in your PSK are perfect to set you up with everything you absolutely NEED with essential oils, its fun to use them in fun, diverse ways.
What is included in your Premium Starter Kit?
Its an exciting time unboxing your premium starter kit and enjoying your new essential oils for the first time.
- DiGize essential oil blend
- PanAway essential oil blend
- Raven essential oil blend
- Thieves essential oil blend
- Citrus Fresh essential oil blend
- Valor essential oil blend
- Stress Away essential oil blend
- Peace and Calming essential oil blend
Each of those links will take you to our articles about that individual oils, with our member favorite uses, FAQ, safety info, and DIY fun.
10 ideas for DIY Diffuser Blends featuring your new PSK oils
To use these blends, simply add them to your diffuser, then fill up to the stop line with water, and turn on your diffuser. Remember, less is more, especially when just starting out. If you feel dizzy, slow it down and take a break. And check out our article about diffusing safely for more frequently asked questions and safety tips.
- Sweet & Spicey DIY Diffuser Blend: 3 drops thieves and lemon
- Just Chill DIY Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Valor and Peace & Calming
- Clean & Fresh DIY Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Citrus Fresh and Lemon
- Seasonal Comfort DIY Diffuser Blend:: 3 drops each Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint
- Relax & Undwind DIY Diffuser Blend: 3 drops Stress Away, 2 drops Lavender, and 1 drop Lemon
- Sleep Easy DIY Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Peace & Calming and Lavender
- Deep Breath DIY Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Raven and Lemon
- Afternoon Wake-Up DIY Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each of Lemon and Peppermint
- Pick-Me-Up DIY Diffuser Blend: 2 drops each Frankincense and Lemon, with 1 drop of Peppermint
- Be Brave DIY Diffuser Blend: 3 drops each Valor and Lemon
And your diffusing fun doesn’t have to stop at home or where you have a plug. You can also use diffusing jewelry. Just add a drop of each oil you want, and wear it. Often the aroma will stay on for 3-4 days!
I personally LOVE wearing diffuser necklaces and occasionally wear diffusing bracelets. Especially ones that are fully customizable and attached to jewelry that reduce our exposure to EMFs (and repel mosquitos) using magnets. My favorite source of diffusing jewelry for me, my family, and my clients are found over at Magnetude Jewelry and feature felt as diffusing material with those magnets. Just pick out your necklace or bracelet jewelry base, and the diffuser pieces attach magnetically.
10 ideas for DIY Roller Bottle Blends featuring your new PSK oils
To make your roller bottle blend, simply add the amount of essential oils for the blend in the graphic that you want, then fill the rest of your roller bottle with your favorite carrier oil. I personally recommend Sweet Almond, Grapeseed, or Young Living’s V6 carrier oils (those are my personal favorites).
Need empty bottles? You can order them from any bottle supply shop that offers essential oil bottles, or even off of Amazon. Personally, we save our old essential oil bottles, remove the labels, and reuse the bottles. To reuse your bottles, ensure they are clean by soaking the empty bottle disassembled in boiling water for at least 15 minutes. Then let dry. Need a fun roller bottle? Here are some of our favorite essential oil roller bottles on Amazon.
- Post-Workout Roller Blend: 20 drops PanAway with 10 drops Peppermint
- Happy Tummy Roller Blend: 20 drops DiGize with 10 drops Peppermint
- Face The Day Roller Blend: 15 drops each of Valor and Lemon
- Happy Skin Roller Blend: 15 drops each of Frankincense and Lavender
- Sweet Dreams Roller Blend: 5 drops Stress Away, 10 drops Lavender, and 5 drops of Peace & Calming
- Deep Breath Roller Blend: 10 drops lemon, 15 drops Raven, 5 drops peppermint
- Be Well Roller Blend: 15 drops Thieves, 10 drops Frankincense, 5 drops Lemon
- Changing Seasons Roller Blend: 10 drops each Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemon
- Soooo Calm Roller Blend: 15 drops each Valor and Peace & Calming
- Wake up Roller Blend: 15 drops each of Peppermint and Citrus Fresh
A carrier oil can be any cold-pressed, seed-based oil (ideally organic and unrefined). This includes most cooking oil, like coconut oil, avocado oil, and olive oils. Personally, we LOVE using sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, and the V6 Carrier oil (made by Young Living). This is the best way to dilute your essential oils for topical use.
Please let us know in the comments… Did this post help you? Have you purchased your own Premium Starter Kit yet? Which is your favorite oil or DIY recipe? What questions do you have? We would love to hear about it!
P.S. To receive more tips, tricks, recipes, and other essential oil fun, be sure to scroll down and sign up for our free oily newsletter!